Mals first King George

Everything that is outdoors and not hunting or shooting. Talk about fishing, 4wd, archery, camping, motorbike riding etc etc.
1kshot
.204 Ruger

Mals first King George

Post by 1kshot »

Out chasing a few 16ft white bities that have been reported seen of the coast one of which tipped over a boat Sun night (Happy Easter) and left the 2 blokes treading water for 2 hrs before they were rescued MATE that would be a long two hours knowing that what ever rolled the boat was still in the water underneath ya. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Anyway our boys wanted to come out with me and the misses and while we were at the last known spot of the sightings the night before we set the shark rods out a custom sabre hotrod 24kg and penn inter 50vsw with a 14/0 and a slab of tuna and another custom sabre 15kg comp and penn inter 30vsw with a 12/0 and a salmon, the youngest just turned 5 thought he might try his luck chasing whiting, after rigging and baiting him up he dropped the line over and within a min he yell’s out DAD I got one at which he starts the old pump and wind, a puffer oh well I was still proud he set the hooks and brought something in, after rebaiting he dropped over another and after a min or two he yells out again DAD I got one and you wouldn’t believe it A good king george at 39cm then on the next bait another at just over 40cm which I was stoked because he was setting all the hooks and brought every fish in by himself, All up we got no sharks but bagged about 20 Gar 2 flatties over 40cm some leather jackets a few tommies, a couple of squid countless port jacko’s and puffers and of coarse the little fellas 2 whiting :D :D :D
Mal 1st KG by himself.JPG
Dam leathery.JPG
Nat squid.JPG
All the best
John
Model70
25/06 Remington

Re: Mals first King George

Post by Model70 »

Awesome mate, sounds like a top day and good to see the youngens getting amongst it.
Curtley78
Political Advisor/Activist
Favourite Cartridge: 7mm08 AI

Post by Curtley78 »

Great stuff. There's nothing that compares to being out on the Ocean.

Argh...Just be certain to have some fresh fruit & veges with that haul otherwise you'll end up looking like the two Indonesian Sea-man I encountered on the Ship last night...argh.... scurvy to their eyeballs and longing for a can of Solo.

But on a more serious note, I had a quick fish last night at work during a break, caught nothing.

I need a Boat.

Regards

Sean
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

great stuff John. When I used to live next door to the bloke with the boat whiting in Westernport was a highlight, though we had to measure ours to make sure they were legal, a thumper like your sons first would have been a big event!
tikka
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: spud gun!!!

Post by tikka »

Good stuff IK. I'd imagine if you hooked one of those 16' white pointers you would have longed for a chair mate!

I like the tackle set-ups your using. :wink: and your boys look over the moon too!
1kshot
.204 Ruger

Post by 1kshot »

Thanks fellas,
Sean-
argh.... scurvy to their eyeballs
that’s a shocker :shock: . I know what you mean boats are good but I still love fishin off a secluded beach somewhere in this great land of our’s

Tikka- Na mate just put the rod in the gimbal, strap yourself into the braid brutebuster harness, clip yourself up to the rod and hhhhhhang oooooon :wink: :wink: :wink: a mate of mine spent 12hrs on a 18ftr a few years ago of Pt Linclon and the 16/0 hook looked like a fly hook in a 10 pound trout, to give you an idea a forged 16/0 is about 4inches wide 3/4 foot long and around ½ an inch thick

All the best
John
Curtley78
Political Advisor/Activist
Favourite Cartridge: 7mm08 AI

Post by Curtley78 »

1kshot wrote:
argh.... scurvy to their eyeballs
that’s a shocker :shock:

John,

It's really heart wrenching, I have been on the Waterfront for almost 12 years now and what I have seen in regard to the treatment of Crew is very, very confronting, its nothing less then modern day slavery.

Although I crack the odd joke and may have a warped sense of humour it is an issue that I feel very strongly about, that is, the well-being and conditions of employment on board the Merchant Vessels. Fortunately we are able to intervene with the backing of the International Transport Workers Federation, an organisation that I would like to become more involved in as a full-time Inspector.

You would be absolutely astounded if you were to here off the Australian Companies that utilise this method of Shipping, that is Flag of Convenience shipping, a system established for no other reason then to enable a Company to improve their profit margins and shirk all responsibility.

One company in particular, the Australian Wheat Board comes to mind where the Crew were malnourished, had unsuitable drinking water and were owed $65,000 in wages.

I apolgise for Hijacking the thread but next time you buy a pair of Nike's or Ralph Lauren apparel think about the poor souls that brought them here.

Regards

Sean
1kshot
.204 Ruger

Post by 1kshot »

Don't worry about hijacking the thread its more than a fair call, it also astounds me the way things are done in other countries by so call civilised countries e.i. the west in order to gain more money and higher profits I flamin love Australia was born here and will probably die here now but money hungry corporate business that prey on the poor and needy I ain't to hot on.

All the best
John