Bloody woman!

Everything that is outdoors and not hunting or shooting. Talk about fishing, 4wd, archery, camping, motorbike riding etc etc.
Thomo
22-250 Remington

Bloody woman!

Post by Thomo »

Took my daughter out fishing the other week, she is nearly three.
She had her little fishing rod that she had been asking for. I was casting it in for her and she was just winding it in, after about an hour of that she decide to let it sit in the water like mine. Well it wasn't in there for 5 minutes when it started bouncing, she was holding onto her rod but wouldnt wind the handle and was saying "Help Daddy". i wound it in and it was a bloody 40cm cod on there. I didnt get a photo as i was in a hurry to get it back in the water.

I went to a fishing comp on the weekend and had a ball,m the wife and kid stayed at home and apon my return and telling of the events my Mrs decided she would like to have a go at fishing and wanted a rod.

Off to the shop today and i grabbed her an Ugly stick, took some talking for her to belive that it was a good rod and not a suitably titled stick :mrgreen:

Went down the river tonight with the tribe and we were sitting there and i had just finished explaining to the Mrs what to do if she gets a bite. She says to me "am i doing this right?" i turn around and her rod has a bit of a bend in ti and she is hauling in a fish, jumped down the bank and grabbed her first ever cod for her, it was only 35cm but she was rapt.

About 15 mins later she goes "you better help me!" i turn around and her bloody rod is bent like a bastard, i told her to hold it high and the drag was going off, there was an allmightly splash on the surface and her 20lb line was floating in the breeze like a cobweb. I have caught a few cod myself but i can say this one would have been at least 90cm from what i saw.

She wasnt fussed about loosing it and explained that we will just catch it next time.

If i can get the pic of her phone il post it of the one she caught.
Here is a pic of my little girl the other week.
ogre6br
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55 or 6BR

Re: Bloody woman!

Post by ogre6br »

mine did the same to me with shooting- i got her to have a go with a 22 and a couple of cans
then some targets
just said aim in the middle and when the X-hair is in the middle of the middle circle shoot

she happily chewed out the centre of a BR target at about 30 yards

made me look like a complete goose

I should be used to that after 13+ years

Did you daughters rod have to be the right color-- mines going through a purple time ATM. everything needs to be purple- even her toothbrush

Later
P
Thomo
22-250 Remington

Re: Bloody woman!

Post by Thomo »

I know what you mean Pat, i taught the mrs who to shoot one arvo and she nailed a cat at 70mtrs with my .22 on the way out of the property, she hasnt shot for about 5 years and is keen to try Her :twisted: i mean my new .22.

Yes it had to be Purple she asked for it for Bloody months, And the only fish we are alowed to catch are the greeen ones (cod) as the silver ones (carp) are poo and stink so she tells me.

At least she is keen to get involved before the new bub arrives, the Mrs is selling her little car so we can by abother 4by :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: