Sprained Ankle.

Everything that is outdoors and not hunting or shooting. Talk about fishing, 4wd, archery, camping, motorbike riding etc etc.
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Sprained Ankle.

Post by kjd »

An injury I picked up whilst mountain Biking, put my foot down when I lost balance and rolled it on a loose rock. Nearly two weeks on and it's still sore and swollen. Probably the worst ankle sprain I've had.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344820378.374428.jpg
(77.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Re: Sprained Ankle.

Post by MISSED »

Well that is something else you do outdoors :lol: :lol: :lol:

I sprained one at footy training a few years ago and it was a purplish yellow to my knee I still favor it
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by Brad Y »

Eeek, hope thats not one of those injuries where a small piece of bone has come off and is floating around! If you havent mate, might pay to get an xray?
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Sprained Ankle.

Post by kjd »

Thanks for the advice mate.
Been to two diff docs mate, both weren't worried just said it takes time to heel.

When the bruises came out it made it look even more gnarly!
James270
His Holiness
Favourite Cartridge: 270W

Post by James270 »

kjd wrote:Thanks for the advice mate.
Been to two diff docs mate, both weren't worried just said it takes time to heel.
Time for a new doctor mate. Last time I saw someone with an ankle that swollen they were pregnant :wink:
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Post by stinkitup »

James270 wrote:
kjd wrote:Thanks for the advice mate.
Time for a new doctor mate. Last time I saw someone with an ankle that swollen they were pregnant :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I did mine twice playing basketball, worst was blown out up to the knee and purple from my ankle to the toes and along them all.

They suck! hard to sleep and just when you think they are getting good you put too much faith in it.

Hope it heal well and fast Keith.

Ryan
Chrispy
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 221 Furball

Post by Chrispy »

I did my right ankle, fell off a retaining wall, down three landscaped stairs (concrete). All in an attempt to kill a rooster at my place in April. I took one day off, had no other sick leave and tuffed it out. I have a job where I am on my feet and walking all the time. So I looked sore and sorry too. Fark it hurt.

KJD, lots of rest, ice, compression and elevation. Good quality pain relief, and definitely, seek another opinion. A must isto follow up with decent physio/remedial therapy to ensure that the joint/foot heals properly and doesn't end up overloading other joints to compensate.

The worst part of mine, swelling was there, but the bruising took ten + days to fully come out. And my foot looked gangrenous!!

It has been about 4 months for me now, and it still is a bitch in the mornings, or if I sit down too long, achy and sore. I now swear by Panadol oesteo.