Jeep Wrangler

Everything that is outdoors and not hunting or shooting. Talk about fishing, 4wd, archery, camping, motorbike riding etc etc.
BP72
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 22-250

Re: Jeep Wrangler

Post by BP72 »

Smee wrote:A good mate of mine is the Parts Manager for a Big Jeep agency.He reckons stay away from the smaller Diesel Engine.
It is essentially a Fiat he supplies lots of replacement parts for them.
It's a VM engine they make engines for all sorts of vehicles including merc , I've got the 3lt in my grand Cherokee and it goes hard , no other diesel pulls like these things . I'm in a rural area full of Toyota owners and there are now half a dozen jeeps getting about . They all do over 50km per year as our wives don't like the oil getting cold and none of them would go back to a Toyota even if they where 10k cheaper ,they also use a litre less per 100km which adds up when you put the k's on them. I'd go and drive it and see how it goes
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

Gnome wrote:
The Raven wrote:
Gnome wrote:
Oh that would be fun to hang the muzzle loader at almost 60 inch in length!! :lol: :lol:
Ahh, just fold down the windscreen and open the hatch....
Now that sounds like a plan right there, will be able to do the "where did the car go when it's fired because of all the smoke it would make for a quick getaway!!
Police are looking for a Jeep Wrangler with a powder horn hanging from the roll cage..... :lol: :lol:
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by The Raven »

BP72 wrote:
Smee wrote:A good mate of mine is the Parts Manager for a Big Jeep agency.He reckons stay away from the smaller Diesel Engine.
It is essentially a Fiat he supplies lots of replacement parts for them.
It's a VM engine they make engines for all sorts of vehicles including merc , I've got the 3lt in my grand Cherokee and it goes hard , no other diesel pulls like these things . I'm in a rural area full of Toyota owners and there are now half a dozen jeeps getting about . They all do over 50km per year as our wives don't like the oil getting cold and none of them would go back to a Toyota even if they where 10k cheaper ,they also use a litre less per 100km which adds up when you put the k's on them. I'd go and drive it and see how it goes
+1

VM Motori make a number of diesels fitted to all sorts of name brand vehicles. They are good engines, and a look at the history of VM Motori would show that. Yes, there is a FIAT tie in but that doesn't imply they are no good, otherwise GM wouldn't have a 50% stake in them.

However, if one size engine is 'better' than another I'd like to know exactly why.
Smee
Ethics Shooting Standards Moderator
Favourite Cartridge: big ones

Post by Smee »

I have no idea where the motors are made or by whom but am only quoting my mate.

But Colorado owners seem happy enough
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Creedmoor

Post by Seddo »

I bought a jeep! :D

The only negative is it has full doors so I'm waiting to hear back from a mate (traffic cop) on the legalities of driving it without a door. I'm up for a $88 bracket to relocate the mirrors to the body or $550 plus paint for a set of secondhand half doors
B4408
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20VT

Post by B4408 »

[quote="Seddo"]I bought a jeep! :D
[quote]

You're going to need a bigger boat..........gun. :D

Bruce
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by The Raven »

B4408 wrote:
Seddo wrote:I bought a jeep! :D

You're going to need a bigger boat..........gun. :D

Bruce
What colour is it?
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Seddo »

I'm working on a bigger gun

It's blue
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Seddo wrote:
It's blue

does it match Glenn's eyes ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Glenn
375 Cheytac
Favourite Cartridge: 300WM

Post by Glenn »

My eye's are green yah goose!

Glenn
Gnome
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 375 Cheytac

Post by Gnome »

Congrats and Look forward to seeing it at the Missed-a-thon :)
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by Camel »

Gnome wrote:
Congrats and Look forward to seeing it at the Missathon :)
Get it right. :roll:
Glenn
375 Cheytac
Favourite Cartridge: 300WM

Post by Glenn »

He did get it right Camel!

It is YOU that have got wrong!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been organized and run by MISSED and that is why it's called the MISSEDathon!

You were the one who took it upon yourself to rename it after a few shooters missed some targets!

Glenn
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by Camel »

Glenn wrote:He did get it right Camel!

It is YOU that have got wrong!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been organized and run by MISSED and that is why it's called the MISSEDathon!

You were the one who took it upon yourself to rename it after a few shooters missed some targets!

Glenn

Whats on the breast of the shirts Glenn ? :wink: :lol: Its official mate, no going against it now.
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Seddo »

I picked it up today. The first thing i did was take the top off before i left the dealer.

So much for a decent rwc, as soon as i got past 90km the was a wobble in the tyres and i thought they were unbalanced but when i got to my tyre guy in traf there were 2 different tread patters and brands of tyres on it, throw in a different for the spare and i have 3 tyre of tread on the car. I ordered a set of Kumo 30" tyres for it, it was 5 minutes after the cut off (which was how long they took to check how long the 31" would be on back order for) so i may not have them tomorrow. There might have been room for 31x10.5" but its 2-3 weeks before i can get a lit kit fitted and i dont want to drive on the current tyres for that long so i took the safe option and went for 30x9.5" as i cant see the extra 1/2" of clearance making any difference to performance. I'll get some bigger mud tyres down the track.

When i got back to the office i put on the grab handles, i have a set of side bars sitting here but i will wait the 2-3 weeks for the front and rear bar to arrive and do them all at the same time.