Rain

Everything that is outdoors and not hunting or shooting. Talk about fishing, 4wd, archery, camping, motorbike riding etc etc.
LoneRider
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308

Re: Rain

Post by LoneRider »

came over cloudy and cool today.... :D
doesnt feel like rain though... :(
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Still coming down here, very gentle, up to 23mm overall now. :D
Waldo
.270 Winchester

Post by Waldo »

The rain has eased off long enough to take the red dog for a walk down town, little brown dog wasn't happy to be left behind. Quite a bit of heavy stuff just below us so we may get a bit of that?

The day hasn't been wasted though, spent some in the man kingdom this morning giving the shotty a real good scrub and clean in readiness for a skeet comp next weekend. That's bound to make all the difference, everyone else is just wasting their time even turning up 8)

Also fart arsed around with a lazer bullet I brought about 15 (or more) years ago. I brought a .222 cal one with a adaptor for 12g, checked the Fabarm SXS and it was spot on so all good there ( the things shoots quite well so if there was a problem it meant I had a problem). Also thru it in the Bergara Scout .222Rem and given the confines of working inside I reckon it showed pretty well spot on what would be expected below the crosshairs, so as an alternative to bore sighting it would have been damn close.

Still a poor substitute for hunting but there is always tomorrow and time spent playing with the guns is never wasted :D

Cheers,
Waldo
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

Camel wrote: As the saying goes, computers are just like women, you only get out of them, what you punch in. :twisted: :D
What is it worth for me not to copy and paste that last line to Jo`s facebook page
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by Camel »

MISSED wrote:
Camel wrote: As the saying goes, computers are just like women, you only get out of them, what you punch in. :twisted: :D
What is it worth for me not to copy and paste that last line to Jo`s facebook page

Fuck me if that's your best mate, I'd give up if I was you. :roll: She has been copping my shit for over 25 years now, and believe me there isn't anything that she hasn't heard. :lol: :lol: :lol:
daisy
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 7-08

Post by daisy »

MISSED wrote:
I thought Camel shoveled it in. :roll:
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

Camel wrote:Raven, I don't think the weather bureau would know if their arse was on fire, even if they lit the match.
Everything these days seems to be "Computer Predictions", and we all know how accurate that is. :roll: As the saying goes, computers are just like women, you only get out of them, what you punch in. :twisted:

P.S. am approx. 7 hours north of you and a bit to the west. :D
Could be true Camel, it's the only job where you get to adjust your forecast whenever you like! I hope this doesn't catch on with the financial dudes in Canberra...but then again, perhaps it already has.

Weather forecasts: It's not a prediction, it's a model. :wink:

Most computer models can be summarised in a quote from Monty Pyton's Meaning of Life: "It's only a model" :roll:

Some people tend to put all their faith into models (push a button, get an answer, ignore the input data is crap, and bet everything on the answer).

I'm surprised the rain didn't get you there until 7pm. The radars showed a pretty wide front moving south (not that I was watching at the time), which made me think all of NSW would have been wet around the same time.

PS. Thought you may be one of those devious people who don't put their personal details on the internet (eg. Birthdays) :D :D :D
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by Camel »

I don't know what happened to their forecast last night on the news, all this cloud that was shown on their maps was supposed to have passed, the high in the bight was meant to be bringing us cold southerly winds, but clear skies. Well they got that wrong we are getting a very slight westerly with total cloud coverage, hasn't stopped showering/raining/drizzling all day, still a little warm.
Most times I look at what the synoptic charts say, and can get a pretty close proximity to what we are going to get for the next 24 hours. The one thing that I have found with the models from the weather bureau, is that they are very un-reliable, and are wrong more than they are right. Generally I think that if they get things right in one part of the country in any given 24hour period, they are pretty happy.

The rain started at approx. 7pm on Thursday, we had cloud and a good build up for the 36 hours previously. I don't think their sat gear can pick up all types of cloud. But it looks good on the telly.

What you see of my details are all correct, couldn't think of a reason to make something up like a birthday, whats the point. By putting my real birthday up, at least I have a better chance of getting a happy birthday from someone. :mrgreen:
bigfellascott
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 22.250

Post by bigfellascott »

Predicting more snow for here over the next day or two, see how good they are this time, last snowfall the other week was supposed to be for above 1600m, we're sitting around 1100 odd and we got it :lol:

I reckon I've got a better chance of predicting what the weathers going to do around her than they have, I've got a window to look out of, obviously they don't! :lol:
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

Weather forecasts remind me of the time I choked on my weetbix reluctantly watching TV. This was back when Grant Denyer (sp?) was still the morning weather man for 7. He stood in front of his green screen and delivered the weather forecast, charts etc provided by the BOM. About half way through delivering the forecast he stops, and then says something like "I don't believe that forecast at all. In fact, I reckon it'll do this....". All the presenters froze when he deviated from the BOM script and then pretended it never happened.

Guess who had the correct forecast for the day? NO, I don't think Grant is some super weatherman but experience and common sense beat the best computer modelling a bunch of guys inside airconditioned buildings could come up with (and BFS's reply just reinforces that).
kickinback
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Rem

Rain

Post by kickinback »

MISSED wrote:
Don't post on Jo's Facebook page. You'll be accused of stalking.
bigfellascott
7mm Rem Mag

Post by bigfellascott »

It's been hammering down here for the last Hr, still coming down fairly hard.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by Camel »

Skies clear as a bell out this way, zero wind, gunna be a cold one tonight, if it was in a month or so time I would put my money on a frost. Now who would of thought the forecast would be 24 hours out. :roll:
LoneRider
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308

Post by LoneRider »

its rainin :shock:
bigfellascott
7mm Rem Mag

Post by bigfellascott »

Yep been raining here all night and still raining on and off, cold too at around 3.5deg WCF. No snow so far but predicted apparently, time will tell if they get that one right.