NE Vic flyfishing

Everything that is outdoors and not hunting or shooting. Talk about fishing, 4wd, archery, camping, motorbike riding etc etc.
Cranky Bugga

NE Vic flyfishing

Post by Cranky Bugga »

A few pic's of this season's flyfishing, just to keep this section kicking along
221208H-002.jpg
bow.jpg
brown.jpg
Cranky Bugga

Re: NE Vic flyfishing

Post by Cranky Bugga »

And a few more, this one is some remote country, diff locks necessary :)
F161108G-004.jpg
fishing-003.jpg
not a bad fish from a tiny creek. The rod but measures 270mm from front of cork grip to bottom of but cap.

Cheers
Attachments
fishing-007.jpg
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

love it Cranky, used to do that when I was a kid in ireland. Bought myself a fly rod for my birthday about 5 years ago in a fit of nostalgia and never got the bloody thing wet!
stewiemc
17 Hornet
Favourite Cartridge: 22/250

Post by stewiemc »

Nice fish.
So that's where you bin!
Thomo
22-250 Remington

Post by Thomo »

YUM, looks like you have been having a bit of luck there.
Id reckon it would have to be a summer only sport wouldn't it? as i dont reckon standing in the water in winter would be a heap of fun.

Im flat out casting lures, i reckon i could make a real mess with a fly rod and catch plenty of bank/logs/me and make some killer tangles.
Cranky Bugga

Post by Cranky Bugga »

We only wade wet in the summer, in the spring when the water is real cold you wear waders
PB160637.jpg
Lots of lovely little fish this year. I release most of my fish and only keep a couple for a feed
003.jpg
Flyfishing is not that hard to do and the more practice you get the better you do it :lol: There's lots of water out there if you guys want to come along

Cheers
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

After looking at the photo`s the fish would be a bonus beautiful looking country :D
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

Are you serious Cranky? I'll go out to the shed and see if I rescued it from the ex :?
andrewbron
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by andrewbron »

i brought a heap of flyfishing stuff a while back wasnt the best gear but i we had a fly fishing club at school but then the teacher in charge went to another school.. i have fished only a couple of lakes but never caught a thing! I must get out for a fish this summer!

nice pics by the way

andrew
Cranky Bugga

Post by Cranky Bugga »

Yep Trevort, just got home from another two days flyfishing. I can soon get you onto some water and with a fair chance of catching something, so go get that rod. I got all the flytying shit.

Cheers
Cranky Bugga

Post by Cranky Bugga »

Hey Trevort , did you find that fly rod?

Cheers
LOCHMOHR

Post by LOCHMOHR »

Very nice Cranky,great part of the world down there.I was out fishing with a mate a few weeks ago around Coryong and after a swag of trout on lures I broke out the fly rod. I use it for Bass,so it was a bonus to get a go at the trout while the opportunity presented itself.Green beadhead wooly buggers did the job, for a total of 5 fish for the arvo.Great fun! Can't wait to have another go at them.
Piccie is of my first one
trout.jpg
trout1.jpg
Cheers,Lochmohr :)
Cranky Bugga

Post by Cranky Bugga »

Good to see you getting a couple on fly Lochmoor. Corryong is one of the places I fish and dry flies are working really well around there at the moment

Cheers