MONSTER Bass

Everything that is outdoors and not hunting or shooting. Talk about fishing, 4wd, archery, camping, motorbike riding etc etc.
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

MONSTER Bass

Post by kjd »

Or not,
Flicked the surface lures around today and chucked in some worms on hooks down on the George's River and came up with these two MONSTERS.
Ok they are hell tiny but still enjoyable arvo in the bush even though I lost th lure in the pic. Dunno how unless I didn't notice it get taken and then snagged.

image.jpg
image.jpg
bigfellascott
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 22.250

Re: MONSTER Bass

Post by bigfellascott »

Monsters might be a tad exaggerated! :lol: they still fight alright on light outfits. I haven't been bass fishing for bloody years, I used to get into them a fair bit as a young fella, biggest bass I caught were up in Somerset Dam in Qld but they didn't really fight as well as I thought they would for their size, but still fun seeing 45cm bass come to the boat, but I reckon the river wild ones fought better.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Did they cook up any good ? :twisted:
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

Camel wrote:Did they cook up any good ? :twisted:
Catch and release mate!
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Bugger that, whats the point of going fishing if you don't want to eat what you catch. Don't you know that fish have feelings as well, poor little buggers being dragged out of their safety zone by a big hook in their mouths, chucked onto the ground, and some big ugly bugger takes a picture and then chucks them back in the water. Poor little fellas. :twisted:
GriMo
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 17 rem

MONSTER Bass

Post by GriMo »

Camel wrote:Bugger that, whats the point of going fishing if you don't want to eat what you catch. Don't you know that fish have feelings as well, poor little buggers being dragged out of their safety zone by a big hook in their mouths, chucked onto the ground, and some big ugly bugger takes a picture and then chucks them back in the water. Poor little fellas. :twisted:

Mate you wouldn't believe the arguments I had with a woman in mexico over this. Completely against catch and release because not enough studies done on survival rates etc. Supposed to eat everything you catch.
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

GriMo wrote:
Camel wrote:Bugger that, whats the point of going fishing if you don't want to eat what you catch. Don't you know that fish have feelings as well, poor little buggers being dragged out of their safety zone by a big hook in their mouths, chucked onto the ground, and some big ugly bugger takes a picture and then chucks them back in the water. Poor little fellas. :twisted:

Mate you wouldn't believe the arguments I had with a woman in mexico over this. Completely against catch and release because not enough studies done on survival rates etc. Supposed to eat everything you catch.
When I let these guys go they didn't seem like they were on death's door.