Stock style/shape

Gunsmithing & DIY forum for everyone. Enjoy!
Post your projects, questions and advice here.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Re: Stock style/shape

Post by Camel »

Thanks all for your input, seeing as it will only be an occasional BR rifle, am really thinking of going with those who have said around a slimmer rounded stock, for the once or twice a year it will get used in BR its not worth the trouble getting two stocks, or just using a dedicated br style, I will see what I can dig up and like all my stuff, rough enough is good enough. :D I did pick up an Omark stock that is rough as guts and it has an Anschutz type dovetail rail underneath. :D
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Post by Tony Z »

Mark i have a Hogue varmint stock inletted for Howa/Weatherby short action. You pay the postage it's yours. I have around 3 of them i will pick out a winner for you.
Bit flexible in the fore end but fill it with an alloy rail and Devcon and they stiffen up nicely.
Attachments
20190610_192617.jpg
20190610_192705.jpg
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by Camel »

Tony Z wrote:Mark i have a Hogue varmint stock inletted for Howa/Weatherby short action. You pay the postage it's yours. I have around 3 of them i will pick out a winner for you.
Bit flexible in the fore end but fill it with an alloy rail and Devcon and they stiffen up nicely.
Thanks Tony, will give you a call tomorrow arvo if that works for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ol 55
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by Ol 55 »

Glenn wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:38 am
With my 6BR build, wondering what shape/style of stock to look for, its gunna be a bit of an all rounder, live critter exploding, a bit of spotlight and a bit of playing at this long range BR stuff
Trevor, as you can see above he is building an "all rounder" a BR stock is for one purpose.

If you want to use the gun for BR and be competitive have two stocks!

Glenn
Not rocket science aye.
Gary
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by Camel »

Thanks for ideas, bit the bullet and ordered a Boyd’s pro varmint today, will just have to see how it pans out. Might look at a better stock for the little BR work it will get down the track
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

Camel wrote:Thanks for ideas, bit the bullet and ordered a Boyd’s pro varmint today, will just have to see how it pans out. Might look at a better stock for the little BR work it will get down the track Image
You have 300 other guns to shoot at critters . If you want to try br try it properly. I’ll load enough for both of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kickinback
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Rem

Post by kickinback »

If you want to shoot it at a br Comp I can lend you my howa br stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro