New darts trophy

Gunsmithing & DIY forum for everyone. Enjoy!
Post your projects, questions and advice here.
Dunderi
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22-250

Re: New darts trophy

Post by Dunderi »

Very pretty!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Dunderi wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:14 pm Very pretty!

Thanks Morgan, are you still involved with the darts down there ?? If so, do up a design that isn't too complicated and I will see if I can knock something up for your darts club. If you have some seasoned Tassie Oak or Huon Pine, that would be what I would like to make it from, local timber for locals. Let me know if you like the idea. Please, please don't say you want one anything like the board I did before, its just way too much work, if I remember correctly, that one took me 68 hours making each individual tile and putting it together. :D
Dunderi
.308 Winchester

Post by Dunderi »

Sadly, I'm not in the league this year, and I miss it.

Shauny has TFS (water fairies & hose draggers anonymous) on some tuesdays.
And if he ever managaes to actually get in to the chocos, well thats a bloody Tuesday too.

The ladies darts has been on a tuesday since the 1800's apparently (the old bitties can remember back that far!) So they won't change it regardless of how spectacular my throwing arm is...

Aaaaand they just had a new shield-trophy cut from a pretty blackwood burl. Nowhere near as nice as your work I must say, just slice & lacquer, with a bit of glue to stick the little bits on that get engraved.

I would, however, if you are bored and amenable to making beautiful things... be delighted to send you Betty, for a new handle.

She would be accompanied by a pack of Glencoe Saddleback Bacon, and possibly some "Better than Bundy" Sneaky Pig Rum, some cheese if I can manage it, and boozy cheeries or similar otherwise Image.

I believe we may have discussed it before? But Ive got a lovely old broken rifle stock, seasoned blackwood, that I'd love to have made into a grip for her. ImageImageImage

Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

New darts trophy

Post by Camel »

Dunderi wrote:Sadly, I'm not in the league this year, and I miss it.

Shauny has TFS (water fairies & hose draggers anonymous) on some tuesdays.
And if he ever managaes to actually get in to the chocos, well thats a bloody Tuesday too.

The ladies darts has been on a tuesday since the 1800's apparently (the old bitties can remember back that far!) So they won't change it regardless of how spectacular my throwing arm is...

Aaaaand they just had a new shield-trophy cut from a pretty blackwood burl. Nowhere near as nice as your work I must say, just slice & lacquer, with a bit of glue to stick the little bits on that get engraved.

I would, however, if you are bored and amenable to making beautiful things... be delighted to send you Betty, for a new handle.

She would be accompanied by a pack of Glencoe Saddleback Bacon, and possibly some "Better than Bundy" Sneaky Pig Rum, some cheese if I can manage it, and boozy cheeries or similar otherwise Image.

I believe we may have discussed it before? But Ive got a lovely old broken rifle stock, seasoned blackwood, that I'd love to have made into a grip for her. ImageImageImage

It would be my pleasure to “handle “ your Betty, ImageImageImage no need for the goodies as I dunno how they would go in the post Image, but will leave that up to you. That is a very nice piece of timber in that old stock, should get some spectacular handle scales from it.

Pity about the darts though Image
Dunderi
.308 Winchester

Post by Dunderi »

Camel wrote:
Indeed it is. I am limited to darts at home, or pub darts on a night that is not league Image

Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by Camel »

Dunderi wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:07 pm
Camel wrote:
Indeed it is. I am limited to darts at home, or pub darts on a night that is not league Image

I guess that is their loss. :(