What happened to the Long Z? (22lr)

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.
Klicker
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 223,6BR, 6.5x55, 7RM

What happened to the Long Z? (22lr)

Post by Klicker »

I used to use the long z for plugging the mynah's here and there. I am finding these increasingly hard to find. I read a kiwi site that listed them as no longer being produced. These where a sweet little load and very quiet, great for what we need (ie turn your 22lr into and airless airgun! :P )

I'm just wondering if this is the case (no longer produced) and if anyone has found an equivalent version.
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Re: What happened to the Long Z? (22lr)

Post by Brad Y »

CCI CB longs will do the same mate, they are ultra low velocity like the Z's. My LGS has plenty here in WA. But the bloody prices of winchester rimfire ammo is getting silly. Regular Win Subs are at 6.50 a pack now...
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Post by stinkitup »

There still shown on the Olin site. There are a few similar like the CCI CB's and remington are making an equivalent. There is also the PMX toad load, a little hotter but with a hollow point and CCI has a subsonice coming with the segmented bullet which should be interesting.
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by Brad Y »

Yep the remmy CBee isnt bad and its a mean looking little hollowpoint. I recovered one from a rabbit skull and it mushroomed pretty well for a 800fps bullet.

Cant wait for them CCI segmenteds
Klicker
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 223,6BR, 6.5x55, 7RM

Post by Klicker »

Yeah, reckon i might try a couple, found the CB long on CCI's site last night and I couldn't remember who made the toad load and the CBee.

Yeah 22 ammo is getting out of hand here.. wonder how hard it would be to manufacture and Aussie brand? :evil:
luke5381
Favourite Cartridge: 25/303,22-250,12ga

Post by luke5381 »

i went to my LGS 200kms away and had a big buy up on ammo spent $500 because his prices were still low he told me that his next lot off ammo will be going up and im not sure if winchester has stopped making bullets but i know they were going to some time down the track just not sure wen
aim2please

Post by aim2please »

Anyone tried highland z in the black box? how do they go for rabbits around 25-30m? noise lever compared to the yellow box winies?

I bought 500 rounds of the long z in the yellow box and i find them good for rabbits out to 30m even with chest shots, havent tried further though.