How to read Groups

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.
Simpson
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 22-250, 243, 308, ..

Post by Simpson »

ogre6br wrote:unfortunately my father isn't anymore-
Dad was in the room 4 doors up from me in cancer/oncology ward at the hospital- I went home, he didn't- bummer of a week.

P
Sorry to hear that Pat, condolences to you and your family
Tempo
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 204

Post by Tempo »

Pat, sorry to hear about your Dad, condolences to you and your family. I hope you are doing ok.

Kind regards

Tempo
woob614271
17Rem
Favourite Cartridge: 17Rem, 22.250AI, 308

Post by woob614271 »

condolences from me too, mate; now get yourself well, you know that your Dad would want that.
Ned Kelly
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6PPC

Post by Ned Kelly »

G'day Pat,
hang in there mate, Annette, my wife, has been undergoing treatment for cancer, too. We lost her mum days after the radiation treatment in june.

Its a sh*t deal, but I reckon you can beat it, your positive attitude is everything.

It's bloody hard, but you've got to keep going mate, besides, you've got to come down to Lt Rvr and shoot my Br rifle!
At least you know from trev's experiences NOT to let it free recoil too much! Jeez it came back hard, surprised even me! Anyway, you've got to keep trev in line!

Stay well, thinking of you and your family

Cheerio Ned
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Knackers »

Very sorry Pat :cry:
ogre6br
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55 or 6BR

Post by ogre6br »

Knackers wrote:Very sorry Pat :cry:
I have been doing a bit of that myself mate-

We had to tell my 3 year old as she and her mum were going to Nana's ( and POPS) to help with the funeral planning- but we had to try and get to understand that Pop wouldn't be there anymore and that he was up in heaven with baby Jesus and his mummy and daddy-
in telling her I cried more then than when I was in the room as he breathed his last.
Natasha normally used to arrive at mum and dads and want dad to play golf with her on the back lawn as their first game.

She walked in and said pops not here anymore but he looking after me with baby Jesus help- Mum lost it and so did the rest of us.

out of the mouths of babe's huh

finding it hard to sleep ATM

Thank you all for you kind words- and yep NK I'll have to keep Trev honest especially since I have a bigger nose than him to get hit.
If I could NK can I reserve a seat at the reloading class that teaches neck turning- hopefully my 30 BR will be ready soon and I'll need to turn up the necks to be able to use it.

How many sporter and hunter class matches are there as I think it will be hard to get it to come in at the lower weight of sporter while still having a barrel of decent length.
I would like to be able to comp in hunter, LV and HV with it as well as play at 500M fly. Are they the most common shoots??
Does anyone know if a 30 BR is able to be used in field rifle and 3-pos?

LAter
p
HAIR BEAR
.204 Ruger

Post by HAIR BEAR »

VERY SAD TO HEAR
CONDOLENCES TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

Andree
Archfile
.17 HMR

Post by Archfile »

Pat, my thoughts are with you and your family, sorry to hear about your father passing away.
chris.tyne
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6BR

Post by chris.tyne »

So very sorry to hear of your loss,my heart goes out to you and your family.

Regards Chris.
Rinso
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 25.06

Post by Rinso »

Pat,

Mate sorry for your loss, hang there and never give up.

cheer
Rinso
1kshot
.204 Ruger

Post by 1kshot »

Pat very sad to hear about your loss. :cry:
I lost my grandad a year ago he just came inside from the garden told nan he wasn't feeling well sat down and had a heart attack and didnt recover, fit and tough old mongrel too, we always thought nan would go first. A week ago a good mate went to the docs for a check up thinking he might have a diet problem or something because he was always feeling run down (even after a short break in QLD for a week) and the doc tolled him he is riddled with cancer bone, lungs, glands and has only got 3 weeks! I still can't belive it!!
sometimes life just doesn't seem right, but look, out of all this it does keep life in perspective, live it, love it and spend time with ya family all the other crap people can keep, keep up the fight!
P.S. I know what you mean when it comes out of the mouth of your kids it can just break you up!

Truely All the best
John
1kshot
.204 Ruger

Post by 1kshot »

Oh by the way Ned good post :lol: very informative, as usual!
but I do have one very hard to explain question for you! how do you explain my consistent crap shooting :roll: :roll: :roll:
notice it looks a bit ragged compared to the previous group
I'd be happy with that!

All the best
John
Dr G
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Post by Dr G »

shit pat

sorry to hear the bad news, hang in their mate as there are still 1.6million camels needing your special attention.

2007 has been a pretty shit year for a few of us but heres hoping that everything improves in 08. I have to say that your attitude in the face of adversity was both humbleing and inspirational for me while culling camels in november. It puts it all into perspective.

speak to you soon

Dr G
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

Sorry to hear about your dad Patrick must be a really hard time now for your family! My thoughts are with you guys!
Ned Kelly
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6PPC

Post by Ned Kelly »

G'Day 1k,
I had another look, I might have been kidding myself. Had all those "ragged shots" gone into the same group, it would still have been a nice one, but not as "tight" as the small one. That I think is the difference between a BR barrel with 3000+ rounds and one that is effectively about 1200-1500 as far as wear goes.

This is why it is far better to re-barrel with a BR match grade barrel as it will give you at least 3000 rounds before you get to what a new factory barrel that may or may not deliver. And you only have to pay for 1 chambering, not 2 if you use factory only barrels.

Something to think about; what you save on chambering should pay the difference for the more expensive BR grade barrel. The main thing is superb accuracy for much longer time.

1 kshot, do you use flags when testing?

As you can see looking at some of those groups, you would say the rifle is only good for .75-1moa. Yet the use and understanding of wind flags has potentially made the rifle shoot .3moa.

For long range work (and short range), study the mirage patterns to show wind strength and direction. Often flags do not show the change in wind angle, yet the mirage will show 180 deg swap.

Mirage can be easily seen if you paint 2" black and white horizontal stripes across the top and bottom of your target frame. The contrast shows the ripple effect of mirage perfectly. I paint them black and get white 2' tape to make them. Naturally you can paint it white and use black tape too!

Another tip is to staple/tape a black plastic garbage bag to the frame and then staple the targets over the top. As the bullet goes throught the paper it punches a clean hole, but the plastic stretches, then tears, then contracts back with a hole about 1/4 the size of the bullet hole in the paper or less. You can then easily see the bullet holes in the paper with the black plasitic now contrasting them. You should be able to clearly see the hole in your scope as well.

hope this helps,

BTW, post some typical groups so we might be able to help.

Cheerio Ned