Haven't reloaded a round since January 2015

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.
Dr G
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Haven't reloaded a round since January 2015

Post by Dr G »

Haven't visited the forums in a while and reading here made me realise I haven't reloaded since I moved south from Roxby.

I have had a bit of shooting time but nothing like I used too. I can count the number of nights spotlighting on two hands and still have about 250 loaded rounds for the 204. Most of the other shooting trips (camels and donkeys) have been work related and WH&S says you have to use the company's guns and ammo. To be fair that means a Sako 85 .308 with decent optics but it still feels like I am not really getting involved.

Of my own rifles my 30-06 has had the most work, mainly donkeys and goats but even then I have been using surplus factory ammo that a mate bought on tender after someone bought the wrong calibre by mistake :shock:

Hopefully this will change soon, some changes are afoot that will mean I can set up everything in a room in the house.

Thanks to you blokes for posting stuff that reminded me how much I have been missing it

Dr G
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Re: Haven't reloaded a round since January 2015

Post by trevort »

Welcome home Travis
Are you still in the same job getting out in to those awesome spots?
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Good to see you drop in occasionally Travis, miss seeing the stuff you were posting. Hope we here from you a bit more often. :D
kickinback
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Rem

Post by kickinback »

Gday Doc. I’m passing through your way next year in June, heading to the Finke desert race and onwards north. Can catch up for a beer if you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
daisy
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 7-08

Post by daisy »

Good to see you back Dr.
mick_762
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308 Norma

Post by mick_762 »

Good to hear from you again Travis, hope all is well with the family mate!
That young fella of yours still tearing up the footy ground? ( guess he isnt as young now either :lol: )
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

I have been waiting to see the carnage created by the Stiller Cat killer for longer than that.
LoneRider
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308

Post by LoneRider »

whats up doc,didjamissme ? :P

welcome home young fella :wink:
Dr G
300 Win Mag

Post by Dr G »

Hello gents and thanks for the welcome back from all of you

As to the specifics

Lone rider I have missed all of you blokes :)

Missed, I still have the catkiller. Interestingly at the 20th birthday celebrations for Arid Recovery I was told I had killed and autopsied over 3000 cats over a period of ten years. 80% of those were with the Catkiller. More than a few of those cats ended up on these pages somewhere

Mick, the boy is still carving up the rugby pitch, last year he was SA's best u18 tackler and runner up u18 best and fairest for SA. He has made the state u 18's/schoolboys side the last two years as well. He missed a bit of rugby at the start of the season as he was working as a ringer on a cattle station up north. Bought home an awesome white dingo skin as well. Glad I taught him to shoot, helped him a lot in that job.

Kickin' I am living down in the Barossa these days but still get out north as work demands it. Let me know closer to time and we can see what falls out. Of course if you find yourself in the vicinity of Australia's finest wine region there is always a place to roll out a swag

Trev, yes I get to some awesome spots still. The job has changed a bit so I get to go to some new places as well.

Hope I can get some light time soon, still have access to something like 100,000sq kilometres, I just need time to get out there :shock:
kickinback
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Rem

Post by kickinback »

Dr G wrote:
Kickin' I am living down in the Barossa these days but still get out north as work demands it. Let me know closer to time and we can see what falls out. Of course if you find yourself in the vicinity of Australia's finest wine region there is always a place to roll out a swag
Will be staying at Bridgewater on the first night. Not to far from you.

I’ve lost your phone number and or the pm it was in. If you want to pm it to me it will make it easier to contact you. Image

Dr G
300 Win Mag

Post by Dr G »

kickinback wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:31 pm
Will be staying at Bridgewater on the first night. Not to far from you.

I’ve lost your phone number and or the pm it was in. If you want to pm it to me it will make it easier to contact you. Image

pm sent :)