Sellier&bellot ammo

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.
Beau204
Favourite Cartridge: 204

Sellier&bellot ammo

Post by Beau204 »

Anyone had much to do with it? Got some 32g in 204 for 24 bucks a pack normally just use the hornady stuff but at that price I grabbed afew boxes.

Cheers
patroldog

Re: Sellier&bellot ammo

Post by patroldog »

I too, purchased a box last November for my Howa 204R, as a trial, along with my reloads of 32gn V-Max's,
I used the whole box over two days on rabbits.
I did not test on paper for accuracy, but the S&B 32gns hit the rabbits where I aimed at whether front of chest and even a couple of head shots. The furthest shots were at 188 yards lasered.
So, I have gone back to my LGS and purchased 200 rounds of S&B 32gns in 204R and seeing that new shells for the 204R are so hard to get now, the empty S&B shells will be used for reloading to supplement my new Remington shells.
Hope this helps.
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by 220 »

Had some S&B in the shop when Hornady was hard to get. A few blokes grabbed a box to try reports were they were head shooting bunnies at 200 without any scope adjustment from their blitz king reloads. They came back and purchased everything I had in stock was good value at a bit over $20 a box.
Beau204
Favourite Cartridge: 204

Post by Beau204 »

Bough them as back up as I been getting hornady 32s for 25 bucks a pack, remingtons have been 35bucks lately. Next time I'm out that way il grab afew more boxes
oldbloke
Favourite Cartridge: 223

Post by oldbloke »

I purchsed 100 rounds very, very cheap for my new 223. They were showing signs of being a little hot and groups were terrible. Fired about 50 and (due to distance from lgs) dismantled the rest. Used the cases in reloads and got nice groups immediately. Noticed also that the cases varied a fair bit in weight, like they came from a different die/production line. Cant recommend them.
lowndsie
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by lowndsie »

303 stuff I used years ago was very hot! Was getting very close to 308 velocities from them. Quite a few of the factories split around the neck area on the first firing and the few that I reloaded had case heads come apart on the 2nd loading. They did hit hard though!

I recon they quality today would be better.