223 AI?

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Re: 223 AI?

Post by Camel »

Jacko9 wrote:Hey mate,

I ended up just keeping it a .252 necked standard 223, it just wasn't worth the messing around, there was no guarantee that it would shoot as good as it did now, so I've left it alone.

Wisdom beyond your years Jacko, you could have made it a 20cal but we don't expect that much wisdom from one so young. :lol:
WhiteMeat
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 223AI

223 AI?

Post by WhiteMeat »

I have one, honestly don't notice any difference between it and the old mans tikka .223 performance wise - Clancy set mine up so its a heavy beast and as such, only really gets used when I go for a walk on my own
big G
7mm08 Rem
Favourite Cartridge: 223 rem

Post by big G »

WhiteMeat wrote:I have one, honestly don't notice any difference between it and the old mans tikka .223 performance wise - Clancy set mine up so its a heavy beast and as such, only really gets used when I go for a walk on my own
Did you ever chronograph your loads to see the difference?
Cheers BG
WhiteMeat
.17 HMR

223 AI?

Post by WhiteMeat »

big G wrote:
WhiteMeat wrote:I have one, honestly don't notice any difference between it and the old mans tikka .223 performance wise - Clancy set mine up so its a heavy beast and as such, only really gets used when I go for a walk on my own
Cheers BG
bought a CED mk 2 just for that but only even used it twice - each time I gave up with the sh1ts as it wouldn't work properly - been meaning to sell it for years now lol when I get my ducks in a row, I'll go with the magnetospeed- that's way down the list though currently
Aussie steve
17 Hornet
Favourite Cartridge: ALL of 'em

Post by Aussie steve »

mick_762 wrote:Jacko,
If those blokes are busy. . . .Col Crittendon has my Norma build at the moment - 4-6 weeks on average.
Can supply phone numbers etc for you.

Mick
I'll second Col's work. He did a .22/.204AI and a .244Rem AI extra long for me and both shoot the lights out. he also has a .223AI reamer, as that's what he used to make my .22/.204AI.
Dr G
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Post by Dr G »

WhiteMeat wrote:
big G wrote:
Cheers BG
bought a CED mk 2 just for that but only even used it twice - each time I gave up with the sh1ts as it wouldn't work properly - been meaning to sell it for years now lol when I get my ducks in a row, I'll go with the magnetospeed- that's way down the list though currently
I find with mine that by setting it up under a beach umbrella solves a lot of problems. I was despairing with mine as it was often to bright for it to work properly. Once I added uniform light shade it's been fine.
WhiteMeat
.17 HMR

223 AI?

Post by WhiteMeat »

Dr G wrote: I find with mine that by setting it up under a beach umbrella solves a lot of problems. I was despairing with mine as it was often to bright for it to work properly. Once I added uniform light shade it's been fine.
Will def keep that in mind! Thanks!