Prise rise?

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.
Jmc
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 6br

Prise rise?

Post by Jmc »

Hi all first time on here so here I go is it just me or is every part or reloading gone up went to my same old gun store last week to get a tub of ar2208 for my 6br for some time now it was $49 for tub of 500g now with out waning its $55 ask for pack 105g Amax projectiles for long time now $35 now $45 same with primers every thing has gone up don't get me wrong I'm not that worried but how much more will it go up in the future I hope not to much more. My local gun shop tells me he flat out getting powder and projectiles atm as well. Ran some quick calculations and it cost me 75c a shot with my 6br atm
zook60
Favourite Cartridge: 223

Re: Prise rise?

Post by zook60 »

All too common mate the wholesales have pretty much out most stuff up 10% lately. Most smaller shops are saying the same thing about availability.
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

The exchange rate has taken a hit lately....

Was shocked at the price of a box of 308W the other day, gone up $11 since my last purchase a few months ago.

Expect everything to go up once we're all back at work, this is going to be a bad year....
Flip
.243 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20 VT

Post by Flip »

Who knows when it will settle down probably never. As far as powder , primers and the restricted complicated imports go we are a bit of a captive market really and when shipping,transport, regulations and insurance change and price is affected it is only passed on which is fair enough your and my local a not charities and nor are the suppliers. Granted that some times there may well be Larger margins put on by some rather than others but what else could we do, then also there is the Aussie dollar as well every little bit makes a difference.

I well understand what you are saying but at the end of the day I'm happy telling myself reloading is cheaper :lol: . Works for me.Every now and then we get a win but at the end of the day it's all fun.

Flip
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Yep and they will only be going one way............up. I grab whatever I can these days when it comes up, my long standing motto is that projectiles and brass don't have a use by date, powder has a pretty good shelf life, used some the other day that was around 20 years old, still went well, pity I didn't have a few more tubs stashed from that lot. Primers seem to me to have virtually an unlimited life span, still using some up that I purchased in the late 80s, not many left. If you have a few bucks spare, buy, buy, buy. :twisted:
Waldo
.270 Winchester

Post by Waldo »

Look on the bright side if you are going thru some ammo or components then you're getting out a bit and doing a decent amount of :hunting:

Just enjoy the time out shooting em and don't fret over paying for it, would you rather stay at home?

Cheers,
Waldo
Jmc
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 6br

Post by Jmc »

Love getting out shooting even at targets with my .22 before my trigger housing broke?I would easily put 50 rounds down in a few hours every time I go in to town I get a packet of ammo or primers ect
kickinback
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Rem

Post by kickinback »

Yep, it never gets cheaper. Welcome to Ausvarmint mate.
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Creedmoor

Post by Seddo »

Nioa didnt put up their prices as of 2 weeks ago but its coming. There is no way gear will stay the same price when the dollar drops by over 10 cents on USD in 6 months. 2015 will see some decent increases on gear so if you have the cash it wont hurt to stock up a little.
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 30/30

Post by curan »

Seddo wrote:Nioa didnt put up their prices as of 2 weeks ago but its coming. There is no way gear will stay the same price when the dollar drops by over 10 cents on USD in 6 months. 2015 will see some decent increases on gear so if you have the cash it wont hurt to stock up a little.
I saw it coming for the same reason as you Seddo and stocked up on primers and projectiles leading up to November.

Although I might go and visit an LGS for some more 2207....... :roll:
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

If the dollar got to parity you would see a price drop. We saw it 2-3years ago everything got cheaper. Unfortunately shooting gear is tied heavily to the USD.
But as far as I am away there has been no price increase on gear in Aus but there will be.
pavlovaw
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: 338 Lapua

Post by pavlovaw »

It never really surprises me. Look at petrol per barrel. It is cheaper now than when we were paying 60 cents a litre. Am still paying $1.39 a litre for diesel. Fair enough the dollar has dropped, but even when the dollar was over parity the price didn't drop, it still kept going up. The same with reloading components. 18 months ago when the dollar was still high the prices were still going up. They blamed the copper and commodities price. But what a joke, as a miner the commodities prices hadn't changed bugger all. Just companies looking for reasons to fleece the markets and increase their profits. Now the dollar has dropped again better get ready for the wonderful raping that is going to continue in the shooting sports by our wonderful importers and distributors that will be looking to maintain their record profit margins. The government won't have to worry about introducing too many more laws if the prices keep going. With the increasing price of living and the way house and land prices are going the younger generation won't be able to sustain it.
bigfellascott
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 22.250

Post by bigfellascott »

The misses bought me a brick of the Win Power Point subs today - $85! :shock: I'm sure the last lot only cost me $55 or there abouts (2yrs ago roughly).
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Creedmoor

Post by Seddo »

I've never bought 8208 before but it cost me $129 for 1kg. At $64.50 per 500g it seems a bit harsh compared to the others.
b t
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by b t »

Sounds like you get it from the same place I do.
I would tell them where to shove it but they are the only ones in my area that stock it.
As it is I have to drive 30k to get there.