Reloading log app?

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.
Waldo
.270 Winchester

Reloading log app?

Post by Waldo »

Hey All,

I've just been stuffing around in the shed and was thinking about writing up the data I collected from a range session a week or so ago in some kind of format. Then thought there must be a pretty handy app for this kind of thing, so is there?

Any recommendations, just want to record powder charge, powder, pill, chrono speed plus a couple of notes. So who is using what?

Cheers,
Waldo
chris.tyne
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6BR

Re: Reloading log app?

Post by chris.tyne »

Interesting question,I still do it the old way,old diary,pencil,I allocate 5 pages to each rifle and 2 pages to a barrel. It works but a spread sheet would be great.......only I seem to screw spread sheets up eventually.
Waldo
.270 Winchester

Post by Waldo »

Yep, I looked around and nothing seems to be put there so started entering a few things in a spreadsheet with 1 x tab per projectile and it came up OK. Dropped a copy onto my phone before I got too far advanced and it comes up OK on the phone too. So,that'll do for now. It'll be kinda nice to tidy up those random notes I have laying around.

Cheers,
Waldo
navarre3384
Favourite Cartridge: .222

Post by navarre3384 »

Wish I was smart enough to do that on my phone, guess I will have to stick to note book and pencil.
cheers navarre 3384
TexNAss
17 Hornet
Favourite Cartridge: 22/250

Post by TexNAss »

uploadfromtaptalk1407919739619.jpg
Something like MyExcel/spreadsheets program

Or
uploadfromtaptalk1407919520643.jpg
Kingsoft Office.

Just insert a table.
http://help.kingsoftstore.com/writer/th ... ert-tables

Tex.
chappo555
.220 Swift
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmbr

Post by chappo555 »

Ballistic app has space for load data.
dhv
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 22LR

Post by dhv »

I took a different approach.

I started a spreadsheet to record all the components I had on hand, then got a bit fancier and started recording the loads, then got fancier again and started to work out how many reloads for each calibre I could do with the components I had on hand, and which components I would run out of first so I knew what to buy when I saw it for a good price.

I don't advise anyone to do this. You discover how much you spend and how infrequently you actually shoot !

I think I have enough 22 Hornet bits to last for 122 years at the current usage rates :)
Ol 55
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by Ol 55 »

dhv wrote:I took a different approach.

I started a spreadsheet to record all the components I had on hand, then got a bit fancier and started recording the loads, then got fancier again and started to work out how many reloads for each calibre I could do with the components I had on hand, and which components I would run out of first so I knew what to buy when I saw it for a good price.

I don't advise anyone to do this. You discover how much you spend and how infrequently you actually shoot !

I think I have enough 22 Hornet bits to last for 122 years at the current usage rates :)
You better shoot your hornets a bit more.
Ol 55