panning for gold

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

panning for gold

Post by trevort »

Just prepped 100 norma cases for my 6/250. Never used Norma before but read lots of good reports. Was surprised by the amount of brass that came out when uniforming the pockets.

siacci

Post by siacci »

I read the pockets are drilled not pressed. Was there any "dags" on the inside like on the Remmington brass?

Dave
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

none that i could see looking in the case but I had a go at them with a Lyman flash hole deburrer, It did take out a little of brass from each case but not much.

Its just a procedure I get used to and would do it no matter what the brass was. it also looked like it had a mild chamfer on the inside but since i bought the uniform chamfer tool when i got my wilson case trimmer i gave them all 2 turns of the handle too.

I havent weighed any yet.

Thought i would fire them all once then trim to a uniform length and weigh. The length appears pretty consistent so I should probably batch ( I have never done this before) before I fire as there might be different amounts of residue inside the case effecting weight.
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Knackers »

Trev, is this the beasty (6/250) that your going to use at Leeton?
Are you going to do any practice before you go?
:wink:
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

Knackers, I have never shot at a 300m target. i got a 348 pace crow once but never tried a target.

next weekend I intend to go to the range to try my 65vm load at longer range and try to develop a load with some of the 70 to 80gn projies which may be more useful. I have no delusions of being competitive but I at least need to try a 300m target before I get there!