doctor scopes

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
Marco
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 7.62x39

doctor scopes

Post by Marco »

hi kids

does anyone know if doctor brand scopes are any good or are they just cheap nikko crap with bling and icing sugar on top?
jeffk
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 338WM

Re: doctor scopes

Post by jeffk »

If you mean Docter scopes (Not being pedantic, just making sure there isn't a cheap copy about spelt differently!), they are very high quality German scopes. Haven't looked through one for years, but you're talking mid to top-end stuff.
Mick
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 105mm

Post by Mick »

Some of the best glass I have ever looked through.
adamjp
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 30/06

Post by adamjp »

Formerly Carl Zeiss Jena - from the Soviet side of Germany back when we had a cold war and there was a dirty great wall through the country.

Now with vastly improved quality control, Docter Optik makes very good quality glass. Generally considered to be right up there equal to or better than a VX3 or Zeiss Conquest.

http://www.docter-germany.com/index.php ... ort_set=en
Mick
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 105mm

Post by Mick »

I've looked through a few now, and I can tell you that the glass in them is several classes above a VX3 or a Conquest. I've looked through a lot of very high end scopes, and the Docter scopes were always the clearest I've seen so far.
adamjp
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 30/06

Post by adamjp »

Mick wrote:I've looked through a few now, and I can tell you that the glass in them is several classes above a VX3 or a Conquest. I've looked through a lot of very high end scopes, and the Docter scopes were always the clearest I've seen so far.
That's my thought too, but all eyes are different and some folks won't stop pulling their Leupolds.
macca
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 308/6br

Post by macca »

Agree totally with Mick and adamjp,Doctor scopes are all class.They are reasonably priced for what you get when you look at the true top end Euro glass prices.
They are brilliant in low light and under lights.
simmo
Favourite Cartridge: all

Post by simmo »

Hey Marco,
I have a 8-25x50 sitting on my 204 and it is one scope that will have to be pried from my dead hands.