bonus prize in gun safe !

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
andy303
Favourite Cartridge: 303

bonus prize in gun safe !

Post by andy303 »

g'day guys i cant believe my luck i just had to post it , on sunday i picked up a gun safe off of a guy that i had won on ebay and when i get there he says to me ''there is some rubbish in the safe i think its got to do with guns if you dont want it i will clean it out for you '',i had a quick peek and said ''nar thats ok mate i'll sort through it and throw out what i dont want ''. All the way home i was wondering if what i thought i saw was really there ,once we finnally got home after i caught every dam light on the way and got behind some f#$k wit who thought that the speed limit was 40 in a 60 zone ,why does this happen when you cant wait to get home ? Any how got home first thing out of the safe was a hard plastic lockable two rifle carry case with key in primo condition ,2 full length cleaning rods also in excellent condition,a full shotgun cleaning kit with 5 different brushes and mops, a full cleaning kit for .22 calibre with about 10 different brushes,mops etc,a full cleaning kit for 30 calibre with 6 brushes,mops and pull throughs and a litre bottle of gun oil never used! all for the price of $234.00 for a 5 gun rifle safe what a lucky prick hay ! which asks the question has anybody had a score like that before if so lets hear about it cheers andy ps almost forgot it also came with a leather shotgun belt that looked like new!!!!
Model70
25/06 Remington

Re: bonus prize in gun safe !

Post by Model70 »

Good score mate!
chris.tyne
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6BR

Post by chris.tyne »

Ok,dont ask how or where and no they were not your's :lol: but I purchased a couple of books by Richard F Stratton at a garage type sale.
The books were bound together with a leather type book belt for want of a better description,got home and put them in the shed where they sat for a month or so and when I finally had a look at them there was numerous,NUMEROUS!! fifty dollar notes placed in the pages in no particular order :shock: ,so yeah I was happy with that purchase.
Not a purchase but swapped a Nissan patrol clutch kit that cost me just over $400 for a as new Leupold vx111 6.5x20x40 was pretty happy with that as well :D

Regards Chris.
LoneRider
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308

Post by LoneRider »

an old bloke up here told me he had some old ammo he wanted to get rid of,so i went and had a look.
in the shed there was a couple box's of "junky bits and pieces" with a couple scopes sitting on top.
2 tin box's of 308 nato and a wooden box of mil spec 308,a bag of odds and sods rifle and pistol ammo,1 box short of a brick of winni 22mag ammo,various half used box's of 22 rimfire,cleaning gear for everything from shotgun to 30-06,a military ammo pouch on a belt with a military pistol hoster,rimfire ammo belts and a lot of other stuff.
after i got the gear home [i had it loaded in a laundry basket which wouldnt hold it all-without putting the big box's in it] i went threw the odds and ends.
there was brush's jags,a magazine [looked like rimfire] a couple 308 mags and parts,part of a rimfire trigger assembly,trigger guard and the steel bit that goes around the trigger guard and mag well,springs screws and other stuff.
in another box was more 308 magazines and a semi auto 22 action [bad looking with bits missing] some pistol ammo 32,38,38spl and 357mag.loupy bridge and scope mounts,another set of loupy scope mounts and some cheap alloy scope mounts.
the scopes were a loupy,nikko stirling tiara 4x28,and a lil skinny bugga called a "light"4x20 crazy looking scope,long and skinny with a 20mm tube and mounts.the old guy didnt like scopes so he took em off.
when i cleaned all the parts in the bits box i had a go at putting together the action to see what was missing.to my amazement all it needs is a barrel.it cycles,trigger works and feels smooth.no idea what brand it is.
there turned out to be 8x 308 magazines of various designs [a couple i sold,a couple i couldnt]
there was more shotgun ammo than you could poke a stick at.i have a bar fridge i turned into an ammo safe that is chockas with rimfire,shotgun,rifle and pistol ammo.
some of the gear ive sold already,some i havent.ive used alot of 22 ammo for practice rounds and still have a safe full.there was over 2000 rounds of 308 alone.
cost $600
made back $580
id say it was a good score :wink:
dhv
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 22LR

Post by dhv »

andy303 wrote:g'day guys i cant believe my luck i just had to post it , on sunday i picked up a gun safe off of a guy that i had won on ebay and when i get there he says to me ''there is some rubbish in the safe i think its got to do with guns if you dont want it i will clean it out for you '',i had a quick peek and said ''nar thats ok mate i'll sort through it and throw out what i dont want ''. All the way home i was wondering if what i thought i saw was really there ,once we finnally got home after i caught every dam light on the way and got behind some f#$k wit who thought that the speed limit was 40 in a 60 zone ,why does this happen when you cant wait to get home ? Any how got home first thing out of the safe was a hard plastic lockable two rifle carry case with key in primo condition ,2 full length cleaning rods also in excellent condition,a full shotgun cleaning kit with 5 different brushes and mops, a full cleaning kit for .22 calibre with about 10 different brushes,mops etc,a full cleaning kit for 30 calibre with 6 brushes,mops and pull throughs and a litre bottle of gun oil never used! all for the price of $234.00 for a 5 gun rifle safe what a lucky prick hay ! which asks the question has anybody had a score like that before if so lets hear about it cheers andy ps almost forgot it also came with a leather shotgun belt that looked like new!!!!
And that is just what you are telling us about ! :wink:
Jock
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: .17HMR

Post by Jock »

Good one, Andy. :D
Curtley78
Political Advisor/Activist
Favourite Cartridge: 7mm08 AI

Post by Curtley78 »

That sounds like a bargain. If only the Gun stores would throw in a few extras.

Regards

Sean
Jock
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: .17HMR

Post by Jock »

Sean Ambrose wrote:That sounds like a bargain. If only the Gun stores would throw in a few extras.

Regards

Sean

Gold. :lol: :lol: :lol:
dangaff
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: .204

Post by dangaff »

All sounds great, andy,chris,lonerider

Decent amount of stuff you got there,

and that money in the book, was probably a little kids pocket money hiding it, only for his parents to sell it in a garage sale
Curtley78
Political Advisor/Activist
Favourite Cartridge: 7mm08 AI

Post by Curtley78 »

G'day Jock,

I only bought a new safe last week and for the money I spent all I got was a shitty dehumidifier that I can't use because it has an American style plug :roll:

Regards

Sean
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

Sean Ambrose wrote:G'day Jock,

I only bought a new safe last week and for the money I spent all I got was a shitty dehumidifier that I can't use because it has an American style plug :roll:

Regards

Sean
Just buy an adaptor mate they are cheap as!
andy303
Favourite Cartridge: 303

Post by andy303 »

hey you have got to be lucky some times!! makes up for the times i have just missed out on a great deal or i have the next number on from the one that they have called out in the chook raffle LOL andy
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

just installed my second safe last night, wish I had of got yours!!!!! Good pick up
philw

Post by philw »

very cool score mate
Mevo2230
17 Hornet
Favourite Cartridge: 9.3*62

Post by Mevo2230 »

Sean Ambrose wrote:G'day Jock,

Regards

Sean

Go to bunnings whorehouse, get yourself a three pin plugtop for $3

Takes 2 minutes to rewire the plug mate, instructions should be printed on the inside of the cardboard top thingo.