Things that shit me off

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
GriMo
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 17 rem

Things that shit me off

Post by GriMo »

Don't you just get really pi$$ed off when you finish getting your scope mounts on, start tightening everything down and get ready to bore sight. Until you look and something seems a bit off, eye relief seems way off and you just cant get a decent cheek weld.

Took me a while to figure it out. Effing mounts are on backwards. Not impressed.

So, what stupid act have you performed today?
LoneRider
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308

Re: Things that shit me off

Post by LoneRider »

not today,but yesterday while sharpening an old knife,i slit me finger.its like a paper cut.stings but doesnt bleed.
later while skinning a rooster for the freeza i stabbed the knuckle on me left index finger,with that same knife.had to wash it out with solvol and splash it with detol.any idea how much in a day that knuckle gets used ? bending it and such...heaps.damn its sore.

such is life ay...
GriMo
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 17 rem

Post by GriMo »

well, ive just added to it, pinching my balm between a cleaning rod and a bore guide, now i have a wonderful blood blister just begging to be popped.

Time to put the toys away i think
andrewk
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 222rem

Post by andrewk »

i got up this morning and there's no milk left for my coffee!
Trev
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 270wsm

Post by Trev »

What about a wife that catches you sneaking the rifle you just bought from the boot of the car. The one she didnt know about and its new in a box. She then starts asking questions, and then the next day she didnt go into work so when the delivery guy turns up with the new scope she opens it.

You get home and the scope is opened sitting on the bench with her beside it hands on hips asking, whats this.

UMMMMMMMMMMMM
fenring

Post by fenring »

GriMo wrote:Don't you just get really pi$$ed off when you finish getting your scope mounts on, start tightening everything down and get ready to bore sight. Until you look and something seems a bit off, eye relief seems way off and you just cant get a decent cheek weld.

Took me a while to figure it out. Effing mounts are on backwards. Not impressed.

So, what stupid act have you performed today?
Or, when you have it all squared up and just right, and upon tightening the screws down you look through it and find the crosshair has moved ever so slightly off square. :x
macca
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 308/6br

Post by macca »

Trev wrote:What about a wife that catches you sneaking the rifle you just bought from the boot of the car. The one she didnt know about and its new in a box. She then starts asking questions, and then the next day she didnt go into work so when the delivery guy turns up with the new scope she opens it.

You get home and the scope is opened sitting on the bench with her beside it hands on hips asking, whats this.

UMMMMMMMMMMMM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's why you get the scope sent to a mates house.
But i have shared your pain.
cheers,
Macca
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Knackers »

Or, when you have it all squared up and just right, and upon tightening the screws down you look through it and find the crosshair has moved ever so slightly off square. :x
I'm bloody hearin ya. :roll:

Trev that's busted big time. :lol: :wink:
James270
His Holiness
Favourite Cartridge: 270W

Post by James270 »

macca wrote: That's why you get the scope sent to a mates house.
Thats the theory I work on too, but I think Mrs MISSED is getting sick of me using her place as a post office :lol:
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
chris.tyne
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6BR

Post by chris.tyne »

It shits me when I reload five lots of ten different charge weights for the ppc and when I pic the ammo box up it isn't closed properly and they get mixed up on the floor,I hate it when I am sprung with a new toy/item and I say that I had to get it for a mate and the next thing you know he arrives or rings up and the wifey greets him first :oops: .I hate it when I am unloading my range gear at the end of the day and the kids are playing sword fights in the back yard and then I notice one has the broom for sweeping out the shed and the other has my Pro shot cleaning rod :cry: F**ck I hate that.
That will do for now .................................need sleep.

Regards Chris.
Model70
25/06 Remington

Post by Model70 »

My missus (god love her) has a real nasty habit of moving things around the house. I put something down like some paperwork and go to look for it the next day and cant find it so i have to call her on the phone with the shits and ask if she's seen it and she'll say look in your pile of shit or the filing cabinet or that green box etc. etc. then i say fuck then she says well you shouldnt leave your shit lying all over the place then i say but i know where it is then and on it goes.................. but if she didnt do it i wouldnt and we would be living in a pig sty. So it all works out in the end.
andrewk
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 222rem

Post by andrewk »

and i still don't have milk for my morning coffee :x
Trev
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 270wsm

Post by Trev »

HAHAHAA

Model 70

I married your wifes sister
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by 220 »

Trev wrote:HAHAHAA

Model 70

I married your wifes sister
I must have the third sister.

Don't have trouble with explaining purchases though. The last 2 firearms purchases I have registered in her name. :lol:
She occasionaly asks how much I've spent on something to which my stock reply is now to ask "when was the last time you paid for your own ammo"