Just bought a boat paddle

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Just bought a boat paddle

Post by Knackers »

Couldn't help myself, always loved those boat paddle rugers and after reading the article in G & G, and finding out that they are making them again, I had to put a deposit on one in .17 HMR at the LGS :D Some people hate em and some love em, and I am of the former. Have to put a PTA in, and I better brake the news to wifey too. :roll:
Traded my Marlin S/S .30 30, cause I got a cheap Winy 94 pig rifle. anyone want to buy a CZ varmint .17hmr. :wink:
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Re: Just bought a boat paddle

Post by trevort »

no, but I would have loved your 30/30 :(
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Knackers »

didn't even put sixty rounds through that Marlin and never blooded it either. Is there something wrong with me, thats four .30/30's I've owned in the last 25 years. :roll:
have to change my sig line again too. :wink:
Jock
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: .17HMR

Post by Jock »

Trevor T wrote:no, but I would have loved your 30/30 :(

Me too. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Curtley78
Political Advisor/Activist
Favourite Cartridge: 7mm08 AI

Post by Curtley78 »

G'day Knackers,

Love those boat paddle Rugers, they are as tough as nails. I knew when I sold mine that I had made the wrong decision. On a good day it was capable of half inch at 200.

There's nothing wrong with a Ruger.

Regards

Sean
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

Each to there own K nackers :roll: I read the same article and they seem to shoot well.Maybe James could buy your cz 8)
tikka
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: spud gun!!!

Post by tikka »

Oh ok, I read somewhere that fellas buy them and use them exclusively as a boat paddle... :lol: :lol:
James270
His Holiness
Favourite Cartridge: 270W

Post by James270 »

MISSED wrote:Maybe James could buy your cz 8)
You are going to need better bait than that if you want this fish to bite mate :twisted:
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Knackers »

want to buy a CZ James? :wink:
James270
His Holiness
Favourite Cartridge: 270W

Post by James270 »

Knackers wrote:want to buy a CZ James? :wink:
I'd love one mate, just not in 17HMR 8)
MAWLER

Post by MAWLER »

How much do they set you back NIB this time round? Why relegate the CZ to the back of the safe, what does the Ruger have over it, or is it a 'just cos' purchase :)?
GriMo
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 17 rem

Post by GriMo »

I'm in two minds about the boat paddle. The looks dont really grab me but as keith and i were discussing this weekend, you seem to see one everytime you go to the range. Might be because its so distinctive it stands out but there seems to be a bunch of them getting about.

As for whats the Ruger have over the CZ? listen to enough people who ahvent really used one and they have a wonderfully terrible stiff clunky action. Heavy Creepy triggers and are only good to stash behind the seat in the ute for a few years for those "what if moments"

In reality they are accurate, solidly built durable, and sexy :P like any new factory rifle you can almost garuantee the trigger needs a bit of work to lighten it. but aside from that, they shoot great. I think you would enjoy the .22 WMR more though :wink:

Atleast when the monica(i think) finds out you wont be up the creek without a paddle...
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Knackers »

In reality they are accurate, solidly built durable, and sexy :P like any new factory rifle you can almost garuantee the trigger needs a bit of work to lighten it. but aside from that, they shoot great.
And you forgot to mention that the trigger is NON adjustable too. In all honesty I believe that my CZ would out shoot the Ruger when it came to the bench.
Here's my take on the whole .17HMR turn out.
It is a wonderful little cartridge and everything you point it at dies @ 100 mtrs +, but benchrest round they are not, I can shoot tighter groups @ 100 mtrs with my .22lr Anschutz, so rather than chase groups (thats the reason I got the CZ in the first place) I am going to use the Ruger as a hunting rifle only and I dont expect sub moa with it, and want to be able to chuck it around abit.
Yep pretty right Grimo :wink:
GriMo
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 17 rem

Post by GriMo »

See, i dont really think Non-adjustable is that much of a disadvantage though. much like my opinion on set triggers they strike me as a bit gimmicky.

I would rather know exactly when its going to break. Set it once and forget it. And im yet to find an adjustable that goes light enough for me. Anyway, each to their own, im sure it will do everything you need mate.
Hawkeye77
Favourite Cartridge: .243Win

Post by Hawkeye77 »

Heya Knackers,

So just to clarify, your selling your CZ because you just want a "rougher" gun you can throw around and not worry about damaging so much??? Im just curious mate, coz if it were me i'd be keeping the CZ, like you say im sure that the CZ would out shoot the ruger on any given day.I personally would rather get a few scratches :oops: on the CZ and have the more accurate rifle than sell it for the 'harder wearing' one... Each to their own i guess, just my 2c worth

Hawk