If you won tattslotto what would you buy......???

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
ogre6br
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55 or 6BR

If you won tattslotto what would you buy......???

Post by ogre6br »

righto boys and ladies

if you won 20 million in tatts
What toys would you buy??
and why

later
p

this topic is a result of me thinking about things to write my answer here
http://ausvarmint.kjd84.com/forum/viewt ... 1&start=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Simpson
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 22-250, 243, 308, ..

Re: If you won tattslotto what would you buy......???

Post by Simpson »

1 prime hunting property located (very) close to Brisbane.

Gunwise, probably upgrade all my scopes with decent glass which they are seriously lacking atm.
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

............NIOA............ :D
Manna13
.22 WMR

Post by Manna13 »

great choice missed
and then would you mark down all the prices for ausvarmint members ?
Last edited by Manna13 on Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by Brad Y »

Ive contemplated this alot and i still dont know how i got it sounding this responsible.

1. Pay off our current house that we are only just starting to build. Fill it with all new furniture etc and keep living in it.
2. Invest in a heap of oceanside houses. One in perth, one in walpole, one in exmouth, one on the gold coast and one in sydney.
3. Probably get a couple of blocks of land around here to keep as well.
4. Sell my subaru forester and my fiancees camry. Get a brand new cruiser GXL wagon and her a new corolla or similar.
5. Sell my current boat and get a bay boat imported over from the USA for offshore fishing. Also buy a new bream/bass style boat with a stupidly large outboard.
6. Brand new rifles- probably sauers and sako's and a couple of custom target and varminters. New beretta shotty too.
7.. Most important of all, I would make sure I rock up to work the following day, as while it will be great being a millionaire fishing and shooting all the time, I know im more than capable of blowing what is left of the rest so I would probably try to keep around 30-40K in the bank and have the rest invested in either coastal property or something that isnt going to drop too much if the world falls into a slump.
Buffy
Pumpkin Chucker
Favourite Cartridge: .308

Post by Buffy »

I would buy a gun shop in my home town of Gympie QLD it would have an in house smith and taxiderm service.

I would have lots of guns to test drive :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
buy a new patrol ute (wifey made me sell mine when we found out she was up the duff :( )

buy her a new "09" HSV Clubsport (against my good ford upbringing) but thats what she wants apparently.

Live happily ever after

cheers BB :hunting:
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

I'd buy a nice farm to shoot on (Knackers would be running it for however long he wanted and could keep the profits after)
I'd buy myself a couple of hundred acres with horse ranch on it for the little lady, a purpose built range out to 300m or so.

Buy whatever property my family wanted and them nice cars.

I'd buy myself a nice car ie Audi or BMW, whatever car the little lady wanted.
I'd look after a few people who are also near and dear to me.

Have an awesome reloading/ shooting room with indoor 25m range.

Nice boat or two but probably only spend 50k all up on that stuff.

After that I'd probably have about 12 or so million left. I don't know what I'd invest in but even if I just locked the 12mil away the interest would be enough to live comfortably off forever (about 600k a year at 5% interest).
So between shooting and hunting I'd be scooting off all over the world doing whatever the hell I liked.

Wont ever happen though but its nice to dream!
paz
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 22-250

Post by paz »

I'd do the usual stuff, pay bills, buy new cars for me and the strife etc etc, spend half a mill or so.

Would invest in some property, no doubt i would have a few, though would buy them up and down the country, try and get a couple of different climatic regions.

Buy a chopper and learn to fly it for visiting said properties and for necessary culls 8) .

Get myself another boat or two, something like a fullboar and a skeeter :twisted: .

Would invest in some fine double rifles (at least one per child :wink: ), something that will not go down in value, also get a couple of users too.

Build my first full custom in something or other, then just have a standing order from then on.

Once all the impulse stuff is done i reckon i would just invest the rest and live nice, got a bloke i know who i would ask/employ to manage it for me, reckon my kids kids will never want for the rest of their lives if he does his magic.

Paz
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Brad Y »

Paz i heard a while back fullboar are back into the swing of things again after a bit of a break. Skeeters are nice but i dont think they look as good as a stratos. I drive a tracker at the moment and would love a nitro as well. But basscat are here now too, plus champion. Its just a shame they are all so expensive with all the US dollar crap atm.

FWIW, I dont think the haines pro strikes are too bad either, but not as fast as the rest. I drove the queensland fishing monthly (Steve Morgans) stratos a couple of years back at the national bream grand final and mate does it hammer. Got it to 104km/hr. Makes my 30 knot bass boat seem a tad slow!
paz
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 22-250

Post by paz »

Brad Y wrote:Skeeters are nice but i don't think they look as good as a Stratos.
Whoa doggy, they are nice!

Been out of the boat game for a couple of years since i sold my 7m half cab, think i better get back in 8) .

Paz
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Brad Y »

I really want to look into something a bit more hybrid between a centre console ocean boat and a bream boat- my mate had a trophy bay boat for a while, that wasnt bad, but probably a tad too big to get into canals etc for breaming. However in open water it was very quick and handled rough weather very very well. Its very hard to find a boat that does this... as soon as I see something that does, i may just well call the bank :D
V|PeR
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: .22

Post by V|PeR »

pay off my house and make it an investment property

buy a nice new house (nothing real speacial) - nice 4x2 with room to reload and room for kids (in the future)

help my family out in paying off their debts (and my wife's family if they were nice to me :twisted: )

then walk into the bank and ask them what their best interest rate was for $15 million locked away for 6 - 12 months.....that would give me time to think about how best to invest it and make me some interest to live off

and yes i would turn up to work the next day and probably not tell anyone i had won lotto.....too easy to piss away that amount of money IMHO
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Brad Y »

yes the stratos is nice, but man i sill love the nitros, they look so solid and stable.
Attachments
NZ9R01086x4_PB_09_700.jpg
Buffy
Pumpkin Chucker
Favourite Cartridge: .308

Post by Buffy »

Brad you may as well go and buy a bridge to bridge boat and stick a leccy motor on the front..... :lol: :lol:

they are some monster outboards...

cheers BB :hunting:
ogre6br
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55 or 6BR

Post by ogre6br »

bridge to bridge boat- nice

something with a big mad max blower sticking off the top of the engine-- would need it to get me up on ski's again- something 18-20 feet with a 4.5 litre of bigger quad cam blown or twin turbo motor
50+knots

I have just come back from a south pacific cruise

Took us 2.5 days from Sydney to the Isle of pines at somewhere between 15-19 knots in a 20 foot swell

I'd like something that would do that trip in a day or so -- what could you guys suggest
something that will survive class 7 or whatever is the roughest conditions seas and cruise at 30 or more knots with mega long range

something I could leave in QLD when I wasn't living on it and fly up and be in Ouvea or Vanuatu in less than 24 hours- 12 if possible

with the 20 members of my immediate family
maybe something like this- would even keep the guns if I was allowed- but would strip them if they gave me more range etc
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pegasus_class_hydrofoil" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
P
like to get my pilots liscense too- jet qualified or minimum fast twins- several hundred knot fast twins

no more 16 hours to visit DrG- try 5 or less
no more 6 hours qantas to visit family in WA- a day but I'm doing the flying