New Savages

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
Con
.308 Winchester

New Savages

Post by Con »

Guys,
Pictures of two of the new Savages ... looks like they're chasing F Class shooters!

http://www.savageshooters.net/SavageFor ... ic=11895.0

The 308Win rifle should get here at just under $2000 I reckon (based on the LRPV price here) the 6.5/284Win ... just over $2000 ????
I pray that the new 6oz AccuTrigger moves into their varmint rifles or can be retro-fitted and the 30" no-taper barrels are offered for sale as components :lol:
Cheers...
Con
ogre6br
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55 or 6BR

Post by ogre6br »

mate can you link the pics from their website as its a members only forum that you have sent us to

later
P
Archfile
.17 HMR

Post by Archfile »

They look pretty nifty for varminting use, i'd buy one
Con
.308 Winchester

Post by Con »

Sorry Ogre,
I'm blonde when it comes to computers. Link is to the Savage Shooters forum. I cant find where the pictures originally came from to link to that. Looks like you'll have to become a member. Trust me you DONT want a look at them!! :P I think Remington have lost their accuracy king title, Savage is now chasing the F class and 1000BR accuracy buffs harder than ever!!
Cheers...
Con
lamanna

Post by lamanna »

Hopefully this works...

Savage Arms unveils new Precision Target Rifle line

November 6, 2006—

Savage Arms, renowned for out-of-the-box accuracy, has taken their legendary reputation for accuracy to new heights with the introduction of their line of precision target rifles. Whether they shoot in international competition or at the local range, shooters serious about long range target shooting will find the Savage Precision Target Rifles outshoot even custom-built rifles costing many times as much.

The Precision Target Rifle line will feature two models, the F-T/R and the F Class - each named for the NRA classification of shooting for which they are designed. The 12 F- T/R has a slightly rounded forend with bipod rail, and is chambered in .308 Winchester. The F Class has a three inch wide ventilated forend with flat bottom, has a flat butt stock, and is chambered in 6.5 X 284 NORMA… a first for Savage.

The Precision Target Rifle also features the new addition to the revolutionary AccuTrigger line; the Target Accu-Trigger is adjustable from approximately 6 oz. to 2 ½ lbs. The AccuTrigger allows the shooter to easily adjust the trigger pull to their own personal preferences without having to pay a gunsmith to adjust it - a feature available exclusively from Savage Arms.

12 F T/R Precision Target Rifle
• Laminated stock with adjustable cheek piece, rounded forend and bipod rail
• Target AccuTrigger adjustable from 6 oz. to 2 ½ lbs
• Right bolt, Right port short action receiver
• Smaller ejection port for extra rigidity
• 30" Extra-heavy stainless barrel
• Chambered in .308 Winchester
• MSRP $1142

12 F Class Precision Target Rifle
• Laminated flat bottomed stock with extra-wide ventilated forend
• Target AccuTrigger adjustable from 6 oz. to 2 ½ lbs
• Right bolt, right port short action receiver
• Smaller ejection port for extra rigidity
• 30" Extra-heavy stainless barrel
• Chambered in 6.5 X 284 NORMA
• MSRP $1211

trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

oh dear, how do i sneak one of these in 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: :wink:
Crazyleff

Post by Crazyleff »

Does anyone know when they will get released in Australia? Sure would be a cheaper option of setting up a F class rifle without all the stuffing around.
Con
.308 Winchester

Post by Con »

Acacia's next shipment is due in January/February. When Savage actually makes them available is another thing and it could be a few months before they're in full production.
Cheers...
Con
Crazyleff

Post by Crazyleff »

Will start saving for one now. ........but how to hide it from my wife.. :twisted:
ogre6br
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55 or 6BR

Post by ogre6br »

Crazyleff wrote:Will start saving for one now. ........but how to hide it from my wife.. :twisted:
borrowed this sig line from a member on another board.

"If a man buys a rifle at the gunstore and his wife doesn't know it. Did he really buy a rifle?? Philosophy 101. montdoug"

later
P
Crazyleff

Post by Crazyleff »

How true.. Oh how so very true :roll:
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

cant find these on savages website.
Does a 6.5/284 have much kick?
Crazyleff

Post by Crazyleff »

Its suppose to be considered as having a mild recoil from what i've read but also a real barrel burner. Overall ballisics are great my only concern is the life of the barrel , but saying that I'm tossing up wheather to build 6.5/284 or just a 6mmBR Norma for my next rifle. Just need more cash.
Con
.308 Winchester

Post by Con »

From trawling the Savage site I've gathered that Savage built some 6.5/284Win rifles in the past but never went to full production due to unavailability of factory ammunition and short barrel life. Either they've solved both probems or they've decided that most 6.5/284 shooters are competitive shooters and wont be shooting long strings. At 30" length though, there's at least one set-back and rechamber in the barrels :twisted:. Savage dont seem to have shown us what's happening with the LRPV yet ... wouldnt a 6mmBR just cap it all off!
Cheers...
Con
bushchook
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: .220 Swift

Post by bushchook »

A real barrel burner compared to what ? A 6PPC or 6BR ?
The .284 case has slightly less capacity than the .30/06 from memory . Given that then all else being equal barrel life should fit somewhere between .270 and .25/06 . Never heard of anyone referring to the .270 as a barrel burner .
The 6.5/.284 would have much better barrel life than some of the big boomers that get used in F class or 1000 yard benchrest .