Bix'n'Andy competition trigger.

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
WARDY91
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 223

Bix'n'Andy competition trigger.

Post by WARDY91 »

I've wanted one of these things for quite some time. Since I'm building a trio of bats I decided to go all out. This is the first trigger to see if I like it. Initial impressions are very good. Extremely well made and breaks smooth as glass. They claim to be repeatable to 0.03 oz. it's a bit bigger than the outgoing jewel so I need to open the stock up a little more.
Attachments
IMG_3853.JPG
IMG_3852.JPG
IMG_3851.JPG
IMG_3850.JPG
IMG_3849.JPG
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Re: Bix'n'Andy competition trigger.

Post by MISSED »

It will be very interesting too hear your opinion on the the Bix n andy.
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Creedmoor

Post by Seddo »

I have played with one, just not in a rifle. luke has fired them and thinks they are great, so does Jerry Stiller. I still cant justify the extra money.

I'm waiting to hear how you go as well.
WARDY91
.222 Remington

Post by WARDY91 »

Seddo wrote:I have played with one, just not in a rifle. luke has fired them and thinks they are great, so does Jerry Stiller. I still cant justify the extra money.

Seddo so far so good. I will have to get a trigger gauge to check the pull weight as the advertised spring diameters don't correspond to what's in the box with the trigger so I dare say it will go less the 20gm-700gm. Yes the extra over the jewel is a bit hard to take. Mine is the adjustable sear also so that added an extra $50 to it.
Tackleberry
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 17HMR

Post by Tackleberry »

Seddo wrote:I have played with one, just not in a rifle. luke has fired them and thinks they are great, so does Jerry Stiller. I still cant justify the extra money.

they must be exy if this worry's you :lol:
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Seddo »

Its not just the money, I cant see the need for it. I have all my Jewell BR triggers set closer to 3oz so i wont use the lower trigger weight on the bix n andy which im told is the big draw card. I've also been told they are a must for a rimfire brenhrest rifle as the 1.5oz jewell can cause the rifle set up to change when you pull the trigger. I'm not sure i agree but i don't have any experience so i have to take it. I don't see how its going to do anything to my rifles as they are all heavy.
WARDY91
.222 Remington

Post by WARDY91 »

Seddo wrote:Its not just the money, I cant see the need for it. I have all my Jewell BR triggers set closer to 3oz so i wont use the lower trigger weight on the bix n andy which im told is the big draw card. I've also been told they are a must for a rimfire brenhrest rifle as the 1.5oz jewell can cause the rifle set up to change when you pull the trigger. I'm not sure i agree but i don't have any experience so i have to take it. I don't see how its going to do anything to my rifles as they are all heavy.

I run my jewel about 1.5-2 oz. my main gripe with the jewel for f class on some sandy ranges is it only takes on bitoif crap in there and it won't work properly. The Bix'n'Andy is sealed quite well. I'll know after the weekend if I'll be buying anymore of them. Being that you get 2 jewels to one Bix'n'Andy it's a pretty big call.
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Seddo »

Thats the difference, my f class range is all green grass with no sand in sight.
Tackleberry
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 17HMR

Post by Tackleberry »

Seddo wrote:Its not just the money, I cant see the need for it. I have all my Jewell BR triggers set closer to 3oz so i wont use the lower trigger weight on the bix n andy which im told is the big draw card. I've also been told they are a must for a rimfire brenhrest rifle as the 1.5oz jewell can cause the rifle set up to change when you pull the trigger. I'm not sure i agree but i don't have any experience so i have to take it. I don't see how its going to do anything to my rifles as they are all heavy.
I'd believe it I'm having a lot of fun (sarcasm) with my new 22 as it has a 31/4lb trigger and I'm used to 6oz jewell's :lol:
blowemup
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x47

Post by blowemup »

I have one in a BAT B & its unreal.... wish i could change all my comp rifles to them.