STS Online Steel Targets. Great Prices!

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

STS Online Steel Targets. Great Prices!

Post by kjd »

So I stumbled across STS Online yesterday after some good quality Steel targets and it seems I've found a great source of them.

$150.50 later and I have a 2MOA 300m Gong, a 2MOA 500M Gong and a 150mmx150mm Plate shipped to my door.

These prices are CHEAP compared to everywhere I've looked and they are made out of Bisalloy 500 steel which is recommended for Steel Targets.

Shaun (the owner) Has been great communication-wise and I already have a tracking number for the order I placed last night about 7pm.

According to Shaun these 12mm thick targets withstand a 223 and 308 at 100m and a 300Win Mag at 250m Which is perfect for what I'm after.

Anyway so far I've been impressed with STSOnline and am looking forward to getting these targets and thought you blokes might want a look too.

http://www.stsonline.com.au/
Dr G
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Re: STS Online Steel Targets. Great Prices!

Post by Dr G »

They look great, I have been after something like this for a while. Will have to check them out once the wedding has been paid for
aushunter
Favourite Cartridge: 50bmg

Post by aushunter »

kjd wrote:So I stumbled across STS Online yesterday after some good quality Steel targets and it seems I've found a great source of them.

$150.50 later and I have a 2MOA 300m Gong, a 2MOA 500M Gong and a 150mmx150mm Plate shipped to my door.

These prices are CHEAP compared to everywhere I've looked and they are made out of Bisalloy 500 steel which is recommended for Steel Targets.

Shaun (the owner) Has been great communication-wise and I already have a tracking number for the order I placed last night about 7pm.

According to Shaun these 12mm thick targets withstand a 223 and 308 at 100m and a 300Win Mag at 250m Which is perfect for what I'm after.

Anyway so far I've been impressed with STSOnline and am looking forward to getting these targets and thought you blokes might want a look too.

http://www.stsonline.com.au/
So you only just now stumbled across them :lol: that's sad. Sorry mate, had to say that.

STS targets have been around awhile now. Nice plate's at reasonable price's.
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

Ahh well at least I found them!
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

Well the targets turned up today packed very well with packing peanuts.
I cheaped out and got the unpainted gongs as I saved about $14 hahaha.
I can't wait to give these a crack!

Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

That's why they pack them with peanuts, so you have something to munch on while waiting for the paint to dry. :lol:

Better off unpainted, you would only have to re-do them if you hit them. :D
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Post by stinkitup »

Yes since your post Keith I think I have worked out a "wish list" from them.

Hadn't thought of the rubber strips for hanging them until I looked on there site so will have to make a trip to clark rubber.

Ryan
JasonF
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 7mm-08

Post by JasonF »

Try and find some used conveyor belt Ryan, cut it full width of the gong and about 20 cm long. It will withstand lots of hits without failing.
B4408
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20VT

Post by B4408 »

The conveyor belting is a great idea. I'll try it on mine that I had at Misseathon. We used rope there and found the shrapnel was cutting it, especially when the 50 cal hit them. Harb's 50 only put about a 2 mm dent in them at 300 m. Kieth yours should last for years, makes them cheap.
Bruce
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by stinkitup »

Cheers guys will see if I can find some.

I like the rabbit and fox pup figure harder to make as not just a square or circle.

Ryam
Dr G
300 Win Mag

Post by Dr G »

If you are struggling I should have about 9m at the old mans place, I used it on the floor of my old hilux 20 odd years ago.

Failing that there's this place up the road that uses about 200km of the stuff annually. :roll:

I will be down near dad's place next week so let me know
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by stinkitup »

Cheers Dr G that would be awesome!
Dr G
300 Win Mag

Post by Dr G »

stinkitup wrote:Cheers Dr G that would be awesome!
Fuck, sorry mate I forgot about this completely. I will try and remember next time I am down
Gnome
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 375 Cheytac

Post by Gnome »

Got this email the other day from STS and figure I would give all here the heads up for them.

*Important update regarding shipping of STS Products*

On 17th of April 2014 Australia Post announced it has reduced the weight limit on their Large Flat Rate parcel post boxes from 15kg to 5kg. This new rule comes into effect on the Sunday 11th of May 2014. As such from Friday the 9th of May 2014, STS will no longer be able to offer the $15 flat rate shipping charge for orders totalling less than 14.5kg (500g packaging allowance).

What happens now?

After 10th May 2014 the $15 flat rate shipping charge will only be applicable to orders totalling less than 4.5kg in weight. In the interim, all single items weighing in excess of 4.8kg will not be able to be purchased via the online store (until a new shipping calculator has been incorporated). All orders for these items will need to be processed offline via email correspondence with shipping quotation to be provided on a case by case basis.

Which items can’t be shipped for $15 after 9/5/14?

After Friday the 9th of May 2014 the following items will not be able to be shipped as part of the $15 flat rate offer.

500m Round Gong

250mm Square Gong

300mm Square Gong

Mini Popper Reactive Target

Compact Target Frame

IPSC Rifle Target – 50% Scale

IPSC Torso Target – 50% Scale

1/5th RFMS 20pc Set

Multiple items totalling more than 4.5kg

How do I order one of these bulk items after 9/5/14?

Until the STS online store has been updated with an automated shipping calculator, please email sales@stsonline.com.au detailing the items you are interested in and your delivery suburb and post code. STS will then provide you with a quotation for those items including shipping charges.

I sincerely apologise for this inconvenience. Please bear with us whilst new systems are put in place, and in the meantime it is recommended orders are placed before the 9th of May. If an item you desire is showing out of stock please contact us as there are always items in work that can be reserved.

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Shaun Milner.
Owner/Operator
aaronraad
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: Solid head brass :)

Post by aaronraad »

Australia Post have been pretty quite about the whole price change to the flat rate boxes and satchels. Their trying to push the new product offering instead.

Effectively, you use to be able to put 15kg into a flat rate Bx1 box and now you can only load up to 1kg? Same price though. :roll: The flat rate Bx2 box has gone from 15kg to 3kg; and the Bx4 box is no longer offered as a flat rate anything. Yes 15kg was generous and I would suggest rarely used or possible given the fixed box sizes, but a 15:1 change is more than a slight over-compensation.

Let's just say I'm glad I'm not one of the businesses that bought bulk BX1 boxes (200 qty) based on loading anything more than 1kg and less than 15kg.

Notice posted on the 30th of April, changes effective from the 13th of May - http://auspost.com.au/about-us/click-an ... anges.html

but you have to drill down further to find this pdf dated the 1st of May - http://auspost.com.au/media/documents/c ... ay2014.pdf

Can't wait till they deregulate the local postal services market and allow Hong Kong Post, USPS, EMS, Singapore Post and China Post to operate locally. Might as well, were subsidising their international postage anyway.
Last edited by aaronraad on Fri May 09, 2014 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.