Bino rangefinder combo

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
Tonele6
Favourite Cartridge: 6mm

Bino rangefinder combo

Post by Tonele6 »

Anyone had experience with these? Which brands etc are good value for money? Comments good or bad all welcome. Thanks in advance
Regards Toni.
jeffk
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 338WM

Re: Bino rangefinder combo

Post by jeffk »

I have a pair of Leica Geovids which I absolutely love, and had a pair of Leupold Wind Rivers before that which were pretty good for the money. Have also used the Swaro and Zeiss versions and can't pick anything between the three.

Value for money wise, it really does depend what you want to spend and what you want to do, but I haven't looked through any of the low to mid end stuff in a long while.
Tonele6

Post by Tonele6 »

Thanks Jeff,
Was reading some info on a Bushnell 1600 about $1000 most reviews seem to positive. But the more info I can get the better I think. Keep comments coming.
Regards Toni.
adamjp
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 30/06

Post by adamjp »

Up front, I've not tried any of the integrated units.

The reason for this is depending on what I'm hunting, and where I'm hunting, I use different binoculars. Steiner 8x30 Predators for general hunting, Vortex Kaibabs for varmiting, Steiner 12x40s for open plains hunting.

I always have my LRF in the offside breast pocket and it is easy to reach no matter what optics are around my neck.
Tonele6

Post by Tonele6 »

Thanks adam, some people have been tellingme what you told me others say combo is great. Hope to see more comments.
Sako Sam
Favourite Cartridge: 20 Tactical

Post by Sako Sam »

Mate I think the same old rule applies to spend as much as you are prepared to for quality. If I had my choice I would get a set of Zeiss Victory RF 10x45s, having said that I haven't had a look through a set of range finding Swaros yet.
chappo555
.220 Swift
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmbr

Bino rangefinder combo

Post by chappo555 »

Have used Leica geovid HD 10x42 and they are superb. On my wish list to buy when/if the funds allow it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
Tonele6

Post by Tonele6 »

Chappo, are you saying you are going to get a combo set when you get funds? From what I've been told some combos run into thousands. I hope to get some comments from people who have used them and are a reasonable price.
Regards Toni