Buying a range finder on ebay while the US dollar is cheap

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
Plowboy
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Buying a range finder on ebay while the US dollar is cheap

Post by Plowboy »

Hey all looking at buying a rangefinder from the states while the exchange rate is good. Just wondering if anyone has actually bought one off ebay. ATM they are pretty cheap but just concerned if they are genuine Leupold. Anyone done it?
jeffk
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 338WM

Re: Buying a range finder on ebay while the US dollar is che

Post by jeffk »

There are major US vendors like Optics Planet on eBay, so just be careful who you buy from and check the feedback. However, getting any of them to ship here now might be interesting, as a few are refusing after Leupold told their official dealer channel not to export. There are also plenty of vendors outside eBay who do ship here and who offer excellent service - but after the above, I'm not mentioning names on public forums any more though.

Although I have an older pair of Leupold Wind River rangefinding bins which are great, I've heard nothing good about the new ones regarding reliability...so if you want to go ahead, using a decent Aus gunshop (Or buying Bushnell/Zeiss/Leica!!) might be the safer option.
Plowboy
7mm Rem Mag

Post by Plowboy »

Thanks Jeffk yeah been looking at different brands too. If I come across a Bushnell I might try and grab it.
dangaff
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: .204

Post by dangaff »

Could just try TOZ? Probably just as good price's anyway
Plowboy
7mm Rem Mag

Post by Plowboy »

Ah just been looking at more range finders on ebay..... umm anybody got a suggestion of a decent(but not top of the range) rangefinder? Just realised I have no idea of what ones to look for! Not really desperatly needed as most stuff I shoot at is MPBR. But would be cool! hehe! Now all I would be ranging would be foxes and rabbits. My area is flat so I am told this makes things a little more difficult and most of the times out here the foxes are in open country so ranging off a close by tree would only happen every so often. Nearly all of my shooting is at night but if I do have time to spare I would try my hand at more traditional varminting (ie sitting at a vantage point and shooting long range rabbits during the day time).

Anyhoo a few models and brands if they are OK would be good. Also are nikon range finders any good? Seem to find plenty of them.
RayG
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 375H&H

Post by RayG »

Plowboy,
Take a look at http://www.natchezss.com they are doing good Rangefinder prices on 3 of the popular brands at the moment. I have been buying from them for over 3 years never any knockbacks on specific brand names yet.
Plowboy
7mm Rem Mag

Post by Plowboy »

RayG wrote:Plowboy,
Take a look at http://www.natchezss.com they are doing good Rangefinder prices on 3 of the popular brands at the moment. I have been buying from them for over 3 years never any knockbacks on specific brand names yet.
Thanks mate will do. Anyone had any experience with nikon rangefinders?
Richta
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 223

Post by Richta »

I've been tempted to buy a Leica CRF Rangemaster lately with the strong dollar. I've heard good things.
damien couper
17 Hornet
Favourite Cartridge: 223

Post by damien couper »

just got a Leupold RX-600 Rangefinder for $230 to my door in under a week when the $$ was 96 cents :D :D :D
http://www.theopticzone.com/default.asp ... il&id=2974