Camo Fabric

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
flyer

Camo Fabric

Post by flyer »

Anyone know of a good place to buy "Camo fabric", not garments.

Flyer
Rinso
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 25.06

Post by Rinso »

Spotlight probably the best bet. If they dont have it they can probably get it.

cheers
lowndsie
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by lowndsie »

Spotlight for sure. While your there you can pick up several meters of cleaning cloth for next to nothing.
Thomo
22-250 Remington

Post by Thomo »

But do oyu want to go to SPOTLIGHT, as they are a pack of bastards. Hasn't anybody worried about what they did to all there workers. took all there penalty rates and two weeks of holidays of em for a whopping 2cent payrise, Love the IR reforms, fucking goverment
Rinso
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 25.06

Post by Rinso »

Thomo,
But do oyu want to go to SPOTLIGHT, as they are a pack of bastards
I feel the same way about oil companies and a lot of other things but needs must. If you want it and they got it ..well thats life. Anyway if everyone stopped shopping there then the workers would be unemployed, not saying I agree with what they have done but I would rather have a job will looked for another one.

cheers
native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by native hunter »

G'Day flyer
Hmmmmmm,Camp fabric,Is that the stuff arabs wear around camp.LOL.
Regards
Damien Webb.
flyer

Post by flyer »

NH, Well it's definitely not the other "camp" :!:

I actually asked about "camo" not "camp". Actually a camo berka/arab wear would look quite nice on me.

Thank you very much NH.

Flyer
flyer

Post by flyer »

AHHHHH, now I see where I went wrong NH.

I'm amazed we didn't get posts informing us about florals etc.
Jethro
.17 HMR

Post by Jethro »

Check out Aussie Disposals for what is called, I think from memory Scrim Cloth I bought a metre off the roll at $10. Its open weave and fairly elastic. . I pull a layer across my face to cut the shine when stalking. If you could get some clothing die and sponge it on you could make up a pretty effective gillie suit by using old bits of hesian and rope sticthed to the cloth and used as a poncho type thing. 8)
Cheers Jethro.
Davyd

Post by Davyd »

Some friends who are deer stalker do that - as tit is open weave its cool to wear- and can do so over normal clothing.

A fiends wife actually made it into loose fitting trousers and shirts with ties to hold it in the right spots

It comes in both green and auscammish colurs
bushchook
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: .220 Swift

Post by bushchook »

There's any number of haberdashery stores around that ain't Spotlight . Many have sales staff that can answer questions as well . By all accounts you choose what you want then line up at the checkout like sheep in a drafting race at Spotlight .
Rule 303

Post by Rule 303 »

I avoid spotlight at all costs. Not only do they shaft their workers they shaft suppliers. many moons ago I used to work in the haberdashery game and spotlight pulled all sorts of shonkys. Thats my personal experience.

As Bushcook said check out other retail fabric shops even auction houses that clear old stock.
Chrispy
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 221 Furball

Post by Chrispy »

Try places like FABTEX, (Yatala , near brisvegas) ph 38047666, they are wholesalers that deal with the public.

Problem is, since we are 'operating overseas' all the auscam stuff is first picked by the Milspec suppliers.

So pickings may be slim. Otherwise try Nerang disposals, they have rolls of the British/NZ DPM material there.

Best of luck.

And stick it to Spotlight, they are overpriced anyway!

Chrispy
Archfile
.17 HMR

Post by Archfile »

i've got a 2m x 1m scrim net that i stitched some bunches of material from shirts (from st. vincents) and tore strips and things.. if i can find a camera i'll take a photo, seems effective enough
ogre6br
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55 or 6BR

Post by ogre6br »

Arch
Can you post those pick I sent you of the veils and the overthrow for my hat that I sent you.

Might give the guys some ideas- also I cannot post pics worth a shit.

Can anyone here get tank netting?? it makes a very good base netting for a yowie suit as it is IR neutral unlike hammock netting etc- so deer etc cannot see it.

Hessian is also IR neutral so if you use strips of it your yowie suit doesn't glow to deer.

LAter
P