Torch comparisons

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Torch comparisons

Post by Brad Y »

Heres one for the LED torch hunters.

http://docs.torchworld.com.au/bsc2010/index.html

Its 95% convinced me to buy a tiablo a9 with collimator head. The only problem is they seem to be sold out everywhere. This would be mounted on the 20 practical for long range spotting at night. Closer up, I reckon an iTP C6 on the 22lr and subs would be a good spotting light with a bit more spread for walking around.
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Re: Torch comparisons

Post by MISSED »

Very interesting Brad,I have a Wolfeyes 260 and it would be interesting to see a comparo between it and the Tiablo A9.I still want a Sea Lion though
wifecallsmegrumpy
.223 Remington

Post by wifecallsmegrumpy »

Brad if you find them buy two, so we can share the shipping cost :)
fenring

Post by fenring »

The Dereelight DBS also has an aspherical head option.
cam_mackps2
.222 Remington

Post by cam_mackps2 »

fenring wrote:The Dereelight DBS also has an aspherical head option.
Once i get my shit together i am wanting to get one.
Manna13
.22 WMR

Post by Manna13 »

Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Brad Y »

Cheers mate, I will look into it a bit further!

I did pick up an iTP C6 Tactical today and took it for a walk with the 22lr tonight. It performed well for this purpose. A nice spot and a bit of spread as well. Sadly after shooting f class and from bipods so long my off hand shots can only be described as absolute shit and I missed with every single of the 24 subs in the box. Its great to be able to get 3 or 4 shots off at a rabbit with them not realising they are in trouble- i think they must get used to the sound of the ute. Being on foot has its advantages.
tikka
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: spud gun!!!

Post by tikka »

cam_mackps2 wrote:
fenring wrote:The Dereelight DBS also has an aspherical head option.
Once i get my shit together i am wanting to get one.
I have one. They're a great light.
malcolm
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 35 Whelan

Post by malcolm »

Thanks Brad for that report--- I was just going to post a topic regarding that exact subject. I only wish to mount it on a 22 Rimfire, so shots will only be 60 metres max. Some of those light beams look very intense.
Cheers Malcolm
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Brad Y »

Mal

I can reccomend the iTP C6 Tactical for the 22lr. Mine does very well and would exceed the range of 22 subs at night. I will do a bit of a report up tonight while the missus is at work.
malcolm
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 35 Whelan

Post by malcolm »

Brad--I just had a look at the specs and see it's 48mm in dia. How does it attach to a rifle --via a mount atop the scope or underneath the barrel ?
Cheers Malcolm
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Brad Y »

Mine is on the scope, just offset to the left so i can access the top turret. Didnt get out as the weather was crappy so soon as I manage an evening of semi fine weather, I will get out amongst it and post the review. At the moment Im using the torch at work in the morning- making sure some sleazebag isnt hiding in the dark at 5am.
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Post by stinkitup »

I can vouch for the Fenix lights as well, My TK11 is mounted on the R9 and my brno. Very good light, has survived the kids test being dropped, thrown around etc and still is a great light. Will be going out this week as the rabbits have been breeding and winter must be keeping the mozzies away. I think I also want a TK30, I think thats it or is it the 40/45 or something.

Before getting the TK11 I was looking for a A9 Tiablo they look like a great light but they have been around a while which means they are proven and probably got some good heads to suit like that collimator.
cam_mackps2
.222 Remington

Post by cam_mackps2 »

stinkitup wrote:I can vouch for the Fenix lights as well, My TK11 is mounted on the R9 and my brno. Very good light, has survived the kids test being dropped, thrown around etc and still is a great light. Will be going out this week as the rabbits have been breeding and winter must be keeping the mozzies away. I think I also want a TK30, I think thats it or is it the 40/45 or something.

Before getting the TK11 I was looking for a A9 Tiablo they look like a great light but they have been around a while which means they are proven and probably got some good heads to suit like that collimator.
I have a TK11. It seems to be duller now than when i bought it 2yrs ago. Could just be the batteries i guess.
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Post by stinkitup »

cam_mackps2 wrote:
stinkitup wrote:I can vouch for the Fenix lights as well, My TK11 is mounted on the R9 and my brno. Very good light, has survived the kids test being dropped, thrown around etc and still is a great light. Will be going out this week as the rabbits have been breeding and winter must be keeping the mozzies away. I think I also want a TK30, I think thats it or is it the 40/45 or something.

I have a TK11. It seems to be duller now than when i bought it 2yrs ago. Could just be the batteries i guess.

What batteries you using Cam? 18650's or CR123?

the CR's should give better longer life on high then cut off to low, where as the 18650 will run down a little so best to keep em charged and keep the glass clean.