Quick and dirty range report lithgow crossover.

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Re: Quick and dirty range report lithgow crossover.

Post by Knackers »

I'm impressed, the only targets I have seen before these were nothing to write home about. Is the rear of the bolt Nylon or plastic? can't tell from the pics shown, but IMO it should be silver like the rest of the action/barrel. The timber laminate does look nicer than the plastic stock, but still very practical. Do the come with scope mounts? if they don't will any old mounts fit?
That CCI ammo looks like the goods Chappo, is that Green stuff subbies? :wink:
Havoc
Favourite Cartridge: 22 magnum

Post by Havoc »

Bolt handle and rear bolt shroud are high strength plastic...i would rather metal myself.
Www.lumleyarms.com.au have parts coming.
Titanium bolt shroud and ceracoted bolt handles.
Plowboy
7mm Rem Mag

Post by Plowboy »

Got a hands on look today..... Love the look and feel of it. But not the trigger. Well not for the price of it. Probably could improve it but it seemed to have a lot of creep.the comb was very high too but maybe felt that way because there was no scope on the rifle. But it shouldered very nicely and really felt nice in all areas bar the trigger. It was for sale at $850 for a field day special and in was about $50 more than a CZ and double the price of a Ruger. Was it twice as good? Well I reckon I would want to shoot one a few times to know really.

Has anyone taken the plunge and got one? Are they as good as a CZ? If they were I would get one as long as I could get a better trigger.
chappo555
.220 Swift
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmbr

Quick and dirty range report lithgow crossover.

Post by chappo555 »

I've had one for a while now and love it. CZ trigger is just as shit for similar money. Especially if u consider the lithgow is cerakoted. Just shot a new PB tonight in field rifle comp so pretty happy with it.
Plowboy
7mm Rem Mag

Post by Plowboy »

Fair enough. I have never fired a rimfire CZ so don't know the triggers on them. I reckon if it was $100 cheaper I would have bought it. Still might yet!