what press are we all using

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
Rinso
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 25.06

Re: what press are we all using

Post by Rinso »

crackers17 wrote:Thanks everyone for your help.

Herb that's a very nice setup. .

What kind of projectile run out should I be going for. Or what are the better press to help stop runout.
If you want to make the best ammunition possible buy an arbor press and in-line dies ie Wilson.
These take al the mechanicals out everything happens in the die the press simply provides pressure.
So if the dies are straight so is everything else.
Also a lot cheaper an Arbor press is around $120 or you can buy a bottle topper and cut it down to size for about $40and some time and effort. Wilson dies are cheaper than Redding Comp & S type sets simple to use and take up no space. You can take them to the range with you or away on a trip out bush and load as you go too easy. I use plastic vials for powder, weigh it at home and just tip into the case after sizing and priming.
So accurate, cost effective and easily transportable what more could you want.
DMC
Favourite Cartridge: 6mm BR

Post by DMC »

+1 on what Rinso said above,
I use a 30 year old Rock Crusher for sizing, and a Hurrell (same as Sinclair)
Arbor press, like rinso says Wilson dies, you can get the standard version and use the shims to adjust.seating depth, cheaper then buying the micrometer version, Biggest plus is being able to easily load at the range.
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

bigfellascott wrote:
Harb wrote:3 RCBS Ammo Masters for my Bigger Cals and 2 Rock chuckers for the other stuff....... Plus a couple of Hornady's up the other end :)

I see ya got it all set up Harb, looks fantastic mate! I like the wall of safes that go with all that reloading gear, awesome sight! :lol:
Hey Camel can I borrow your flannette
Gnome
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 375 Cheytac

Post by Gnome »

Harb wrote:3 RCBS Ammo Masters for my Bigger Cals and 2 Rock chuckers for the other stuff....... Plus a couple of Hornady's up the other end :)
You mind if I be your guard dog/SSS !! I'm so very envious right now and am having some difficulty in not looking at your shell stand and the containers holding the empties :D

I love my Hornady L-N-L Press and will look at getting another one or 2 way in the future.... Looks like the house rebuild budget is gonna be expanded just a lil bit more now!!
frakka
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 223 Rem

Post by frakka »

Rock Chucker
Dr G
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Post by Dr G »

Forster Co-Ax press and Redding Competition dies, no problems with concentricity that I could measure.

That said if I was chasing total accuracy I would want to try an inline press like a Wilson.
Rinso
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 25.06

Post by Rinso »

frakka wrote:Rock Chucker
Yes mate we know .... but what reloading press are you using :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ol 55
.308 Winchester

Post by Ol 55 »

My bench is not as tidy as Harbs but I have an old rock chucker a super simplex ponsnes warren as well as Dillon 1050 and hornody 366 in 12 and 20 ga
The most impressive loading room was in Indiana he had numerous progressive hornadies set up for 45, 40, 38super pacific/hornody 366 in410 28 20 and 12 ga as well as a Camdex in 38 special to cater for the fine array of automatic sub machine guns and pistols as well as a skeet ground as well as a bianchi cup style pistol range in his back yard probably the best couple of days shooting I have ever had also had the opportunity to shoot against some of the best pistol shots the states had to offer at the time
Ol 55
kickinback
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Rem

Post by kickinback »

How's Harbs form! Bit of thought gone into that setup. I have one of the kids bedrooms penciled in as a reloading room when they move out.
Plowboy
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Plowboy »

Sorry fellas but only use a lee anniversary. Not fancy, but economical and works well for me.

MISSED

Post by MISSED »

You have got some good pics there Plowboy
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Post by stinkitup »

Plowboy wrote:Sorry fellas but only use a lee anniversary. Not fancy, but economical and works well for me.

me too, 3 shots on 7x at 100 m
3_95vmax_swede.jpg
(214.6 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
frakka
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 223 Rem

Post by frakka »

Rinso wrote:
frakka wrote:Rock Chucker
Yes mate we know .... but what reloading press are you using :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ho, ho, ho.....seems to be an abundance of basic tools on here Rinso.....must be the the time of year :wink: :lol:
Last edited by frakka on Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joelomunro
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Post by joelomunro »

I inherited Camels RCBS after a small monetary transaction and use that along with my old Super Simplex press. Had pretty good success with the old Simplex but am enjoying the versatility of a 7/8" press now that I have one.

Joel
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by 220 »

Still using a RCBS partner press I've had for over 25 years, seems to turn out accurate ammo and have had no trouble FL sizing cases up to 7mmSTW also run a mec600 and loadall for shotties, a pro1000 and hornady LNL-AP when I want to turn out a heap in a hurry.