nikon scopes

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
GriMo
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 17 rem

Re: nikon scopes

Post by GriMo »

Trev wrote:Because US dealers are not allowed to sell outside the US.
Yes they can
Trev
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 270wsm

Post by Trev »

ISNT THAT FUNNY.

I have ordered Leupolds of three US companies in the last 4 months and each one of them cancelled my order and told me they cannot ship Leupolds due to the contract with Leupold and to feel free and place an order with another brand, except Nightforce as they cannot ship them as well.
500Nitro
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 500Nitro

Re:

Post by 500Nitro »

Trev wrote:ISNT THAT FUNNY.

I have ordered Leupolds of three US companies in the last 4 months and each one of them cancelled my order and told me they cannot ship Leupolds due to the contract with Leupold and to feel free and place an order with another brand, except Nightforce as they cannot ship them as well.
Yes, Nightforce was the other one i was thinking of.

More and more companies in the US are doing it.
Marco
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 7.62x39

Re: Re:

Post by Marco »

500Nitro wrote:

yeah but what happens if your in the states and you buy them there in a shop. Question: will it pass USA custom and then go through oz customs?
500Nitro
.222 Remington

Post by 500Nitro »

Marco wrote:
500Nitro wrote:

yeah but what happens if your in the states and you buy them there in a shop. Question: will it pass USA custom and then go through oz customs?

I think you will see some major changes in the US Export laws come January.
Marco
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 7.62x39

Post by Marco »

I think you will see some major changes in the US Export laws come January.

in what way?,what have you heard?
Trev
.223 Remington

Post by Trev »

It isnt an export issue, Its an issue the companies have with Leupold. Optics Planet told me via email their agreement excludes them selling outside the US. I ordered an NXS from Australia, after waiting 6 months in Australia I ordered it from the Optics Planet, they cancelled the order with the cant sell outside the US, I must have a US address. Simple, Re did the order and sent it to our engine guy in the states and he sent the scope to me, 10 days later it arrived.

Only problem is, not everyone has a friend in the states, but doesnt stop us getting other brands like Bushnell and Clearidge etc. Even Ziess and SB can come over here easily.
500Nitro
.222 Remington

Post by 500Nitro »

Marco wrote:I think you will see some major changes in the US Export laws come January.

in what way?,what have you heard?

US Gov't is clamping down even more on export of anything firearm related.

Now whether they will or can implement it, god only knows but that's what it's looking
like ATM
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

Trev Ask Nioa if they can send a Leupold Scope to the USA.

Guess what mate its called business and business' has contracts to protect their business get over it. IF you are so disgusted by it don't by Nightforce and don't buy Leupold. There are plenty of other options out there that are as good or better.
Trev
.223 Remington

Post by Trev »

Keith

'You can be a real tosser sometimes. You talk crap and Im sick of you. When did i say I was disgusted, when did I say I care. All I said is US companies cant sell to Australia and you come back at me with your crap.

I couldnt care less what they do, If I cant get one I buy something else, I dont give a shit.
andrewk
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 222rem

Post by andrewk »

kjd wrote:Trev Ask Nioa if they can send a Leupold Scope to the USA.

Guess what mate its called business and business' has contracts to protect their business get over it. IF you are so disgusted by it don't by Nightforce and don't buy Leupold. There are plenty of other options out there that are as good or better.
mate, you also sound like you in the pockets of these businesses.

anyway, i'll put in my order to toz and hope they'll ship leupold.
GriMo
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 17 rem

Post by GriMo »

Trev wrote:When did i say I was disgusted, when did I say I care. All I said is US companies cant sell to Australia and you come back at me with your crap.

I couldnt care less what they do, If I cant get one I buy something else, I dont give a shit.
But they can. And have. And will continue to. And plenty on this board have got luepys from the US without issue. Every single Leupy i own was from TOZ.
Trev
.223 Remington

Post by Trev »

Did I say you cant get a Leupy from the US

i stated

THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SELL OUTSIDE THE US.

I, like you, and others have been lucky enough to get Leupy's from a couple of companies that are still prepared to ship to us. But other companies will not ship outside the US as per the agreement with Leupy.

And I dare say, that if it becomes common knowledge that there still is a few companies that are prepared to ship to us, then maybe they will be shutdown like the last company I bought a VXL scope from 6 months ago who couldn't sell me one a month ago.
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

Trev wrote:Keith

'You can be a real tosser sometimes. You talk crap and Im sick of you.
First of all thanks,
The Feeling is quite mutual.
When did i say I was disgusted, when did I say I care. All I said is US companies cant sell to Australia and you come back at me with your crap.
Secondly,
You didn't say you were disgusted, I just assumed you were as you just continue to constantly bitch and moan about AU price and US price and totally negate all the factors that could cause the price difference.
Besides that you a clearly wrong because US companies can sell to Australia. Some can't because they are refused service. Optic Zone just sold a member a Leupold Scope here I assure you they are not the only ones in the USA that can sell to Australia.
Thirdly,

It is quite clear you care as you spend a good 20% of your posts here whinging about the price of goods here in Australia and the fact you can get it overseas. If you didn't care or give a shit you would just shut the hell up about it and not say anything. Sure say all you like but so can everyone else.

Finally,

Aside from this tirade about the US & AU pricing I generally enjoy your other posts. Your reviews are very good and I appreciate that you post them.
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

andrewk wrote:
mate, you also sound like you in the pockets of these businesses.
No,
I just don't like flawed logic. Business is a complex thing and the issues aren't black and white.

If I was truly in the pockets of these businesses I would delete these type of threads don't you think? I don't because I am not. If you or anyone else wants to buy a scope overseas whether it be Leupold, Vortex or Bushnell go for it. It does not affect me. Whilst it may be the case that you can save significant amounts of dollars by doing so it doesn't mean that Australian Retailers can provide those scopes at a competitive price to the US prices as our market is smaller, there are costs associated in getting them here, providing warranty and advertising the products as well as warehousing, wages and a whole host of other costs. These have to be factored in. By all means buy whereever you think your dollars are the best spent. I've bought overseas and domestically when it comes to optics and I still look at what I think is the best options are with each case.