Tactical lights

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
bsg
Favourite Cartridge: .22-250

Re: Tactical lights

Post by bsg »

MISSED I didn't for a moment think you where trying to put me down.
And everything you say is quite true. The wolf eyes is by far a better torch, but for me it all comes down to the cost. I know the Romisen will at some time let me down with as you say "it dying 500m from the car".
I guess I'll just have to buy a back up :lol:
Any time I do venture out after dark in the bush in the past I've always used my 3D maglite (now 20years old) and to be quite honest it's crap. The batteries last half an hour tops before it gets slowly dimmer, I've learnt to always care a spare torch, in the past it was a minimag that was useful just to get me home safe. I've recently got a smaller AA led torch about half the size of the minimag and only a fraction of the weight so I carry that.
Nearly all of my previous after dark hunting in the past was with vehicle mounted spotlight (I'll have to post a pic of my spotlight mount that was made from the front half of a mountain bike)
After reading the adventure others are having spotlighting with torches on foot I though I'd give it a go and this torch was a cheap way of doing it.
But there is noway I'd depend on it as my only source of light away from a vehicle at night, imagine what everybody would say when I told them "I broke my leg on a bunny hunting trip when the light died and I stepped in a rabbit burrow"
Brett
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah the old maglites are poor by comparison.
Hunting by torch at night is a lot of fun but not when it starts to rain :lol: :lol:
Enjoy your torch mate and save up for a Sea lion,As soon a s my Kidney grows back that is what I am going for,
500Nitro
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

MISSED wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah the old maglites are poor by comparison.
Hunting by torch at night is a lot of fun but not when it starts to rain :lol: :lol:
Enjoy your torch mate and save up for a Sea lion,As soon a s my Kidney grows back that is what I am going for,

The Sea Lion is awesome.
MAWLER

Post by MAWLER »

MISSED wrote:Mate one phone call tell Glen what you want and he will advise you on what will suit, give him your credit card details and every thing will turn up packaged and ready to roll.(I ordered at 4.00pm and had the torch the next day :shock: ).If you have any problems or wish to upgrade and within what seems like hours it is on your door.
Sounds ideal, and would be the preferable way of doing it, except for the cost. As fenring has demonstrated you can get a damn good package (and very close in performance to the wolfeyes) for 50% less. Maybe one day, but atm waiting 2 weeks is a much more affordable price to pay....
fenring

Post by fenring »

Shot a few more coneys with my rig last night. 8)
badger74

Post by badger74 »

Still waiting.........15 days now.....not shipped yet :(
The LOTT

Post by The LOTT »

Check the ADA 250 lumen optically focussed torch on http://www.accurateshooters.com.au/head ... lights.htm - they're $65 to anyone who sends me a private message. I'll have scope and barrel mounts for these by the end of the week. I contribute $10 to the ADA for each torch sold. The beauty of the optical focus is the totally focussed beam (the Cree 5W LED is square and the beam focusses to a square) that has almost zero spill - good to 200m! - and a quick twist unfocusses the beam for general use. It's only 110mm long, and has a 27.5mm dia tube - fits in your pocket. A customer had a power blackout 3 days after buying the torch and she sat it on its bum on the kitchen table, pointing at the ceiling, and was able to read a book for 6 hours until the power came back on - and the torch was still throwing enough light to read by. I reckon you'd get 2-4 hours continuous use at usable spotlighting intensity. All this powered by 3 AAA batteries!
Dave.223
.220 Swift
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmBR

Post by Dave.223 »

Nice torches LOTT. Might have to order one of those for only $75, looks the goods.

Dave
Dave.223
.220 Swift
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmBR

Post by Dave.223 »

Oh, make that $65.
GJS
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 30-06/.204

Post by GJS »

Is that $65 posted?
The LOTT

Post by The LOTT »

GJS wrote:Is that $65 posted?
Err, sorry + $10 postage. The Bracket set will be an additional $15 with the torch or $20 for the brackets alone.Image
GJS
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 30-06/.204

Post by GJS »

Cheers Evan, looks good It'll be hard to resist! :D

Glenn
badger74

Post by badger74 »

badger74 wrote:Still waiting.........15 days now.....not shipped yet :(
:( My order now shipped, except for the torch!! which is the main bit I want!!!. 24 days so far, and Im supposed to be doing some serious bunny busting over the long weekend.
Not-so-good-deal...extreme.
500Nitro
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

badger74 wrote:
badger74 wrote:Still waiting.........15 days now.....not shipped yet :(
:( My order now shipped, except for the torch!! which is the main bit I want!!!. 24 days so far, and Im supposed to be doing some serious bunny busting over the long weekend.
Not-so-good-deal...extreme.

Price, quality and Delivery - you can always have 2 but not 3 at the same time.

You get what you pay for.
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

W many days would you have had a wolfeyes now? Hehehehe