Ned Kelly needs some advice!

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Re: Ned Kelly needs some advice!

Post by trevort »

its the same one as I still have, CZ American. The rifle that shot the dingo is now the Jab 20 and the barrel is punching holes with 69smks for Knackers!
ogre6br
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55 or 6BR

Post by ogre6br »

trevort wrote:its the same one as I still have, CZ American. The rifle that shot the dingo is now the Jab 20 and the barrel is punching holes with 69smks for Knackers!
clear as mud---ha
ha
ha

well looks like I will change my recomendation to the CZ american then- either in 17 HMR or 22 depends on what flaots your boat

P
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

mud is just about how clear the registry are. They recorded the calibre change to 204r, apparently JAB 20 was too hard, oh and they still think I have a T3 swede I sold to Lowndsie (I think) well over a year ago, and the 17m4 is still a 222. Bloody beaurocrats!
luke5381
Favourite Cartridge: 25/303,22-250,12ga

Post by luke5381 »

may i reccomend a mossberge silver reserve O/U 12 ga mine i think is awesome looks the part and only cost me $750 brand new with 5 chokes use it frequently to shoot clays, swallows, cats foxes, rabbits and just about anything that sits still long enough to get aimed at really
Trev
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 270wsm

Post by Trev »

Hey Ned,

As far as the C/F, I reckon you are spot on with the 223, great little cartridge, all the world use it now, no recoil, hard hitting and look at the round choice you have. WOLF ammo, dirt cheap and shoots quite ok, god bless the russians. Brands, who would guess, the base model Remingtons like the SPS Varmint are ok but I have one and not very happy with it. On the other hand I also have a Remington VSSF in 223 and its a superb rifle. Anyone have an opinion of the CZ centrefires, maybe they are ok.

Now the 22, what about considering upping a little to the 22 mag. Still does what the 22 does but adds a bit more range and hitting power into the equation. The only downside too the 22 WMR is the bullets are a bit more expensive. If you go to the range each day and shoot 100 rounds then it can become expensive, but if you just shoot a few rounds as practice the go varminting, then the cost equation isnt worth considering. Overall my opinion is the 22 WMR offers a good advantage over the 22 LR, especially since you can still get the superbly accurate CZ 452 Amercian in 22WMR.

Shotguns, who knows, after all, arent they a couple of bits of pipe just welded together. I thought the only thing that seperated a shotgun now was how it felt in your shoulder.

Trev
Ned Kelly
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6PPC

Post by Ned Kelly »

G'Day all,
hopefully I'll see him this weekend and we'll talk about what he is after and what he wants to do with the rifles.
thanks again.
Cheerio Ned