Gongs

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Re: Gongs

Post by MISSED »

B4408 wrote:Barry :shock: who is this Barry???

The gongs at Yass were tied with rope which was OK for the smaller cals but ended up gettting cut by all the shrapnel, wire rope, chain or rubber belt would be best. Most important thing was being able to swing and as Seddo said a bit of bracing is needed for the big guns, Harb and Glenn kept pulling the posts over when hitting the gongs.

3pott, you might just be a better shot than all these other guys :stir:

Regards
Bruce
They call Him Bruce isn`t that the name of a movie?
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by 220 »

Here is the one I made up for Yass and left at home :oops:
Took it to WBB, copped a hammering, don't know how many shots from the pop guns, probable 100+ from the big bores, 375's 400's 458's I think it even copped a few from 505.
Had it sitting at 100m to start with so the frame got hammered but continued working, moved it to 50m, still no serious damage and didn't look like falling over.
Gong is 40mm thick, hangs on 2 pieces of 40x6 flat that are drilled and slipped onto a bit of 19mm bar. The bar is welded to the frame, I just used what I had laying about so angle for the uprights and rhs for some cross braces. Cant see it in the pic but about 350mm of angle below the bottom cross brace, cut to a point and I just hammer it into the ground.
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

Mate if you bring a ladder and rope or wire to suspend it we will find something but the star pickets may be the best bet
glen
Favourite Cartridge: sling shot

Post by glen »

yeah star pickets i have plenty of