Remington 700 Floor Plate

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Creedmoor

Remington 700 Floor Plate

Post by Seddo »

Hi guys,

I am in the middle of settign up my new Rem 700 SPS Varmint. I have added VX3 3.5-10x50 and Wild Dog Tactical stock, the next step is a floorplate with detachable magazines. I have come to to a decision between the HS Precision & Badger Ord.

Has anyone had any experiences with any of these flootplates?

thanks in advance....

Seddo.
doidge5781
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Re: Remington 700 Floor Plate

Post by doidge5781 »

Badger or CDI all the way HS are more expensive,harder to find and hold less rounds, another option is CDIprecision.com or seekinsprecision.com seekins however uses his own magazines so if you need spare then they have to come from the states. Hinterland shooting supplies in australia sells both the CDI bottom metal as well as being agents for Accuracy intl. Im researching the same thing for my new build so ive reading up all the info i can gather cdi and badger have a huge following in the USA.
Jason shore

Post by Jason shore »

Another one to consider is the williams from the states. I have one and it is a top bit of gear.
You can order directly from them
Jason
jeffk
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 338WM

Post by jeffk »

I have the HS Precision on my Stiller at the moment, but am swapping it for a Badger one as soon as I can book the gun in with the smith. The HS holds less rounds, but for a hunting rifle the mag fits flush to almost the same profile as the hinged floor plate it replaces, which is a plus. I'm moving to the Badger one purely so I can use the 5 and 10 round AI magazines.
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Seddo »

Thanks for your responces guys. I ended up ordering both of them. I will pick the one i prefer for the 22-250 and sell the other or fit it to my 308 ltr.
jeffk
22-250 Remington

Post by jeffk »

Seddo wrote:Thanks for your responces guys. I ended up ordering both of them. I will pick the one i prefer for the 22-250 and sell the other or fit it to my 308 ltr.
Not sure how much difference there is, but HS do a different mag for .22-250 and .308!
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Seddo »

Jeff,

Yeah i know about the mag. I cant see it being too much of a problem. Remington list the same mag for 22-250/243/7-08/308 in other rifles so we will have to see. HS make a lip bending tool if you need to make a small tweak.

I wont be going for the 4/5 round magazine, i have order them with 10 round magazines so there is no difference in capacity. I have used a 303 and 303/270 for years and have come to love 10 round magazines. There is nothing better when coming on to a big group of goats/roos/pigs and letting loose. After 3-5 shots my mates start trying to stuff more rounds into their rifles and i am still shooting.

Seddo
jeffk
22-250 Remington

Post by jeffk »

Seddo wrote:Jeff,

Yeah i know about the mag. I cant see it being too much of a problem. Remington list the same mag for 22-250/243/7-08/308 in other rifles so we will have to see. HS make a lip bending tool if you need to make a small tweak.
I was going to order that from Brownells and see if the mag could be modified to take a 300WSM round....but then figured I'd probably be better off selling the HS DM kit before I broke it! :shock:
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Seddo »

Jeff,

I forgot to ask before. What is wrong with the HS magazines (other than capacity)? Can you give amy examples?
jeffk
22-250 Remington

Post by jeffk »

Seddo wrote:Jeff,

I forgot to ask before. What is wrong with the HS magazines (other than capacity)? Can you give amy examples?
Nothing at all - they're neater than the AI ones because they fit flush (though I'm pretty sure from memory they're only 4 round in.308 and similar calibres) but the 10 round ones seem very hard to get as I couldn't find anyone that would ship out of the US. Plus, with the A5 stock on the Stiller, I think the Badger/AI ones suit it better - on a hunting rifle (Which is what it started out as) I'd prefer the HS! :D
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Seddo »

Thanks Jeff,
If you change your mind drop me a pm and i will tell you where to get them from.