SAVAGE TARGET RIFLES

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Re: SAVAGE TARGET RIFLES

Post by trevort »

rather have the savage than an f class action, tho wish i could have justified another BAT :wink:
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by Brad Y »

Didnt know there was a difference. Some boys using the savage action here for f class, never been to a BR match so dont know what they are shooting...
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

well, put in the application for four of them. I have no idea if its an issue that I dont own any Savages (my wife has 2) and I have no idea if its kosher to say I want one (or 2) for friends cos they dint ask!

Lets see what happens
wifecallsmegrumpy
.223 Remington

Post by wifecallsmegrumpy »

Cool thanks. If it comes through ok, could I add a barrel nut wrench to the order ? :D I have something in the pipeline !
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Brad Y »

wifecallsmegrumpy wrote:Cool thanks. If it comes through ok, could I add a barrel nut wrench to the order ? :D I have something in the pipeline !
Do tell.....
sixmill
Favourite Cartridge: 6br

Post by sixmill »

could I add a barrel nut wrench to the order ?
I may be able to sell you a wrench,... just that it is missing somewhere inside australia post ATM, i don't need it anymore, as my savage was castrated.
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Brad Y »

sixmill wrote:
could I add a barrel nut wrench to the order ?
I may be able to sell you a wrench,... just that it is missing somewhere inside australia post ATM, i don't need it anymore, as my savage was castrated.
Oh Owen by the way, you know you dont need a barrel nut on your savage... it can be set up without one.
wifecallsmegrumpy
.223 Remington

Yeah I know I don't need it, but would presume that would mean modifications to the current barrel also. So unless I am convinced otherwise it's going to stay.

Sixmill, pm inbound.

Brad the project will be another 6mm, but something with a bit of poke this time. I am sure to get onto that mob of donkeys next time and the 6mmbr with the light projs doesn't cut it.
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

a 30 06 and 300 wsm barely cut it in my limited experience. Donkeys are tougher than their size would indicate. I would want more than 6mm to go after them again unless you are going to find them undisturbed and pop them in the head but a body shot on a running donkey will see it keep running with a hole in it
wifecallsmegrumpy
.223 Remington

Yeah, it's not a dedicated donkey gun and would be mostly used on smaller softer critters. I would struggle to convince myself that I needed a 30 cal for the once a year session that might involve donkeys. I also have a 1-8 twist 6mm tube sitting at home unchambered that needs to be used.

What about a 243AI ?

also the pro shooter normally just nails the lead donkey and the rest just stand around waiting for the end to arrive...
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

wifecallsmegrumpy wrote: also the pro shooter normally just nails the lead donkey and the rest just stand around waiting for the end to arrive...
WA donkeys mustnt be related to DrGs SA donkeys, they bolt and keep bolting as their mates fall!
macca
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 308/6br

Post by macca »

trevort wrote:
wifecallsmegrumpy wrote: also the pro shooter normally just nails the lead donkey and the rest just stand around waiting for the end to arrive...
WA donkeys mustnt be related to DrGs SA donkeys, they bolt and keep bolting as their mates fall!
When shot from a chopper they will mill around the dead lead animal and it's pretty easy to get the rest.A 308 does the job very well.It kills,donkeys,camels,water buff,horses etc.
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

well the permit for four triggers turned up in the mail, small problem. I applieed for SSS triggers as an accutrugger replacement and I got a permit for.......... 4 accutriggers :roll:
macca
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 308/6br

Post by macca »

trevort wrote:well the permit for four triggers turned up in the mail, small problem. I applieed for SSS triggers as an accutrugger replacement and I got a permit for.......... 4 accutriggers :roll:
Mate that's a not so funny joke isn't it???? :? :? :? :?
Hope they get it sorted for you quick smart.Gotta love the beauocracy at work.
Macca
wifecallsmegrumpy
.223 Remington

trevort wrote:well the permit for four triggers turned up in the mail, small problem. I applieed for SSS triggers as an accutrugger replacement and I got a permit for.......... 4 accutriggers :roll:

Well at least you know they don't object to getting multiple triggers. Do you think the customs officer would know the difference, i am betting a trigger is a trigger is a trigger to them...