boyd ross rifle stocks

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

Archfile wrote:someone take photos of all his designs and post them,
Dude don't mean to offend you but that just sounds rude and arrogant!

Seriously who wants to do that and why should they with the way you asked??

As I said I don't mean to offend you but thats not what happens here, people go out of their way to help others and I'm sure if asked correctly someone could get a list for you but do you think anyone will want to do anything for you when you ask like that?
Archfile
.17 HMR

Post by Archfile »

true, true, sorry people - that came out all wrong, i didn't mean it like that.

-Arch
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

no. Finish it your self. Shane will fit a pad I will sand and oil
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

Archfile wrote:true, true, sorry people - that came out all wrong, i didn't mean it like that.

-Arch
No worries mate.
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

Arch, it would be hard to take photos. They are all stuck in to shelves length wise on top of each other. We spent 45 mins just pulling them out and looking at them.
Archfile
.17 HMR

Post by Archfile »

GS is about 3 hours from here, i guess i should get off my bum and go have a look one day soonish, that could solve the problem

:-P

-Arch
Dave.223
.220 Swift
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmBR

Post by Dave.223 »

Hi trevort,
Amongst the stocks you saw on the shelves, were there any that were a more typical hunting rifle stock? I am not completely sold on the thumbhole idea...but I am getting closer....and I think I'd like one for a short action Remington to work on as a woodwork project for my next rifle.
At what stage would it need to be glass bedded? Before the oil finish, I'm guessing??
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

Righto, a plan. I owe him more than I've got. I'll see if he will let me pay it off in advertising. If he says yes I will take lots of photos and post them.

Dave have a think about why he markets thumbholes as roo shooter specials. why would they want them? Like chicks and black dudes, you know, try it and you'll never go back :lol:

But yes he has standard stocks
GriMo
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 17 rem

Post by GriMo »

trevort wrote:Righto, a plan. I owe him more than I've got. I'll see if he will let me pay it off in advertising. If he says yes I will take lots of photos and post them.

Dave have a think about why he markets thumbholes as roo shooter specials. why would they want them? Like chicks and black dudes, you know, try it and you'll never go back :lol:

But yes he has standard stocks
So your saying you have tried both chicks and black guys? and your not going back. Im sure the black guys are happy about that :P :P
Archfile
.17 HMR

Post by Archfile »

Owned!
17hmr
.243 Winchester

Post by 17hmr »

thats gold!
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

walked right into that one didnt I :oops: . Good one Grimo
damige

Post by damige »

Archfile, mine cost me just under $240.00 deliverded to local post office for me to pick up and there is no recoil pad supplyed, the stock is now with Shane being pillar bedded and the barrel floated and a recoil pad fitted hope to have it back soon and then i will stipple the pistol grip area and sand the rest of the stock then possible linseed oil it. ill post up pics when done.

cheers