OCD

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

OCD

Post by MISSED »

Well I believe I may have OCD.In may possession I have 2 powabeam 9 inch,1 powabeam original sealed beam, 2 Blazerlight 7 inch,1 Lightforce 240, 1 lightforce 170, 1 lightforce 140 ,2 3 D cell maglights,1 4 D cell maglight,1 Wolf eyes sniper 260,1 Wolf eyes Defender 180.S0 if I wish to continue this Obsesive Compulsive Disorder whats next any suggestions.
OCD.jpg
OCD1.jpg
OCD2.jpg
Just realised my old original Blazerlight is missing :cry: .........................................Must find it :x
500Nitro
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 500Nitro

Re: OCD

Post by 500Nitro »

An HID Spotlight :D
MISSED

Post by MISSED »

Cool Nitro Hadnt thought of those :shock:
Jock
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: .17HMR

Post by Jock »

To continue, swap to another brand, try Lightforce. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jock
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: .17HMR

Post by Jock »

Jock wrote:To continue, swap to another brand, try Lightforce. :lol: :lol: :lol:
My Bad.

You already have Lightforce. :oops:

That settles it, your a Fruit Cake. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just like the rest of us. :lol: :lol: :lol:
James270
His Holiness
Favourite Cartridge: 270W

Post by James270 »

Nice collection of lights mate. I reckon you should do a comparative review of them all :D
adamjp
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 30/06

Post by adamjp »

HID kit one of them....4300K 55W

D2R for the lightforce, probably H1 or H3 for the Powabeams.

You won't regret it.
fox shooter
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 270win

Post by fox shooter »

How sad am i I only have one 9inch powa beam
James270
His Holiness
Favourite Cartridge: 270W

Post by James270 »

fox shooter wrote:How sad am i I only have one 9inch powa beam
Yeah but MISSED has to overcompensate. He owns a HMR :lol:
MISSED

Post by MISSED »

Adam where can I procure one of these HID kits.Have seen the Lightforce kit but yet to see a Powabeam.
Mate do you still want to do a deal with that follower and bolt stop.
James 270 aye took me a while to pick that up :oops:.Must admit the old Native rifle gives it a fair run :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: not
paz
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 22-250

Post by paz »

Nah you don't have OCD, your just scared of the dark :lol: .

Paz
tikka
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: spud gun!!!

Post by tikka »

Missed what do you prefer to use performance wise, the 9'' powa beam or 240 blitz?
MISSED

Post by MISSED »

Tikka the Powabeam shits all over the Lightforce.For quality of light, spot size and distance of the light.I have only got the cheaper powabeam remotes and find them better than the lightforce remotes. What I mean by that is the Powabeams are smoother when the remote is tightend.Have found with the lightforce when you tighten them they feel gritty and can loosen themselves of with use even when the starnut is really tight.
The ability to focus the beam could be viewed as an advantage but I have found it to be a hindrance.If you have it on spread for bunnies and a fox shows up you can lose the Red dog in the holes or dark spots in the light.James270(ex Oscar270 his tin hat fell of) can attest to this as one night he was lining up on a vixen and as she was slowly moving along the valley floor she was dissappearing in the holes in the beam.As any owner of a maglight has seen it is nearly impossible to get a perfect beam at all ranges.And that is why the wolfeyes with there prefocused beam is so much better as is the powabeam
The best lights I own for fox/cat shooting are the Blazerlights one must be the first ever made as it 32 years old and has had 1 switch and 1 bulb and in the dream days or nights of fox skins being worth big dollars was used 3/4 nights a week :shock:
And the best for rabbits would have to be the old sealed beam powabeam with its soft spread of light.One night I may endeavor to get some photos of the lights performance and with some help do a review of the lights I have.
Cheers
tikka
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: spud gun!!!

Post by tikka »

Thanks for the info Missed. I use a 240 blitz and 170 striker. I see that they have an 11'' ?? powa beam in the shops, they would have some poke too then....
adamjp
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 30/06

Post by adamjp »

My experience is that the bigger the reflector, the better it works!

The really big Powabeam is better than the 240 Blitz, but there is NO way you can use it by hand.

I have 2 x Lightforce 240s, one handheld with 100W bulb, and the other mounted on a remote with a 35w HID bulb (6000K).

They are roughtly equivalent in performance. When I upgrade to a 55W 4200K bulb I expect the HID to sneak ahead, use less electricity and be cooler. I don't get 'holes' in the beam, but have noticed that the big thing with the LF lights is the location of the bulb is VERY important. If the bulb is in the wrong place (bumped or similar), you can literally drive a truck through the beam without being spotted.