Nightforce SHV 5-20X56 with IHR reticule

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
barryb
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 17 ackley hornet

Post by barryb »

Putting this up in case any of you fellows have any experience with the above scope , but more particularly with the reticule ( I know I've been calling it a reticle ! ) You'll probably all ask what I'm going to use it on & what style of shooting. Well, I don't shoot F class unless F stands for foxes & I don't have anything big apart from 17'teens but I do have a Kahles K624 which I'm about to move on , nothing wrong with Kahles apart from the reticule that isn't meant for 3 quarters of a century almost eyesight. So if anyone has any exposure , experience , or whatever with the SHV & the IHR your comments would be most appreciated.
PS please none of this "should have gone to Specsavers "nonsense , please. :lol:
Barry
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Re: Nightforce SHV 5-20X56 with IHR reticule

Post by Camel »

Ok with OPSM then :wink: :lol:
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Wby Magnum's :)

Post by dashooter »

Looks complicated. You should get the MOAR reticle. :)
New to 223
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by New to 223 »

How much are you looking for regarding the khales ?
barryb
.270 Winchester

Post by barryb »

PM sent but open to any reasonable offers
barryb
.270 Winchester

Post by barryb »

Camel wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:32 pm Ok with OPSM then :wink: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vermingone
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 243 ai

Post by Vermingone »

Barry I have one and my mate has one too both illum. I find it just fine on foxes however my only gripe is that the cross hairs could be a bit thinner. The MOAR reticle is a bit finer and if I had my time again would probably go the MOAR as I'm used to using my NXS with the MOART ill reticle and I find that just perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Vermingone wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:37 pm Barry I have one and my mate has one too both illum. I find it just fine on foxes however my only gripe is that the cross hairs could be a bit thinner. The MOAR reticle is a bit finer and if I had my time again would probably go the MOAR as I'm used to using my NXS with the MOART ill reticle and I find that just perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He might be able to see that reticle then. :lol: :lol:
Flip
.243 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20 VT

Post by Flip »

G'Day Barry.

My shooting buddy has the 4-14 SHV with the the IHR non-ill rec on his 20 Vartarg, Ive used it and can say its a very nice scope that dose the job well. I quite like the recticle and is easy to see under the light.
it's accounted for many foxs now

I went out and picked up th 5-20 x 56 SHV because of his. Mine has the MOAR ill recticle and slapped it on the T3 204 and I am most happy with it. I like the MOAR recticle when using it during the day on the longer shots its easy to sort out corrections and although it looks a little cluttered when first looking at it it less noticeable when using it. then under the light at night with the illumination on the middle cross hairs show up great and you hardly notice the rest of the recticle its been a real joy to use.

Ive got a Kahles 3- 12 x 56 on my vartarg and side by side not a whole lot of difference.

Both a little bulky and weighty but for spotlighting scopes its not really an issue.

We have dubbed the 204 Tikka " HUBBLE" now :wink:

Flip
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by dashooter »

Flip wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:32 pm G'Day Barry.

My shooting buddy has the 4-14 SHV with the the IHR non-ill rec on his 20 Vartarg, Ive used it and can say its a very nice scope that dose the job well. I quite like the recticle and is easy to see under the light.

I went out and picked up th 5-20 x 56 SHV because of his. Mine has the MOAR ill recticle and slapped it on the T3 204 and I am most happy with it. I like the MOAR recticle when using it during the day on the longer shots its easy to sort out corrections and although it looks a little cluttered when first looking at it it less noticeable when using it. then under the light at night with the illumination on the middle cross hairs show up great and you hardly notice the rest of the recticle its been a real joy to use.

Ive got a Kahles 3- 12 x 56 on my vartarg and side by side not a whole lot of difference.

Both a little bulky and weighty but for spotlighting scopes its not really an issue.

Flip
Hey Flip,
What's it like at night under the light without the illumination switched on.
I've got deposit down on non-illuminated version but still tossing up if it's worthwhile to get the illuminated version.
Cheers,
Rob
Ps. Sorry for thread highjack Barry.
barryb
.270 Winchester

Post by barryb »

Thanks for all the feedback , Vermingone, Flip & Dashooter.
Got mine on Monday & wrapped to say the least , very happy with the crosshair in the one I got ( not Moar though) & yes Camel you are right , just the correct thickness for my eyes. Haven't got it mounted yet but having a bit of a look about in the night can't seem to fault the reticle when illuminated.
By by Mr Kahles , gone to Mexico , come on in Mr Nightforce.
Flip
.243 Winchester

Post by Flip »

dashooter wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:50 pm

Flip
Hey Flip,
I've got deposit down on non-illuminated version but still tossing up if it's worthwhile to get the illuminated version.
Cheers,
Rob
Hi Rob
Both the IHR & MOAR are fine under the light with out the illumination. The MOAR is a little finer than the IHR. i like the illumination but my no means would I say its a necessity .

you will be sure to like it.
getting them sited in was a very very easy exercise with very minimal shots fired to get it on at 200m a
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by dashooter »

Flip wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:08 pm

Flip
Hey Flip,
Cheers,
Rob
Hi Rob
Both the IHR & MOAR are fine under the light with out the illumination. The MOAR is a little finer than the IHR. i like the illumination but my no means would I say its a necessity .

getting them sited in was a very very easy exercise with very minimal shots fired to get it on at 200m a
Thanks Flip. I think for an extra $150 or so I'll take a chance and get it. Would kick myself if I didn't and would be forever wondering. :lol:
Flip
.243 Winchester

Post by Flip »

dashooter wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:49 pm
Flip wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:08 pm

Flip
Hey Flip,
Cheers,
Rob
Hi Rob

Thanks Flip. I think for an extra $150 or so I'll take a chance and get it. Would kick myself if I didn't and would be forever wondering. :lol:
You won't regret it at all. So many brightness settings