Binoculars from OS experiences?

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
britto
Favourite Cartridge: 223

Binoculars from OS experiences?

Post by britto »

I am looking to buy some Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 8x42 Binoculars. They retail for around $550ish in AU however can get them from the US for $350ish AU delivered . Has anyone had any experience/problems buying binoculars/optics from the US. I understand warranty may be void if buying from OS however from what I gather bushnell australia only offers a 2 year warranty anyway. If it was $100 difference I would not hesitate to buy Australian however $200 is a fair bit. Thanks
Waldo
.270 Winchester

Re: Binoculars from OS experiences?

Post by Waldo »

I brought a pair from the Optic Zone in the states a few years back when the exchange rate made things pretty favorable, with the $ the way it is I am amazed you are saving that much on $550 bino's.

Always a risk, pay your money and you take the chance?

Cheers,
Waldo
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

if you are buying from a known (as in some of the Aussies you know) retailer then go for it.

I bought a vortex scope from Cameraland a few years ago and a pair of vortex binos were thrown in free. Don't have the scope anymore but still have the binos.

Camera Land NY and Opticzone are two I can vouch for
britto

Post by britto »

I ended up buying from b and h photo.
I got binoculars and bushnell chest harness delivered for $340 AU. Through my research apparently Australian Bushnell suppliers have increased there prices recently and the Aussie vendors can not compete with the US price. For binoculars and chest harness in Oz i would of been around $600 out of pocket. Hope I dont need to use the warranty but for $250 I took the gamble.
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

Most would and will continue to take that gamble. Though I had a vortex problem and their lifetime warranty was honoured by the US supplier
britto

Post by britto »

They are still covered buy international warranty however will need to cover postage costs etc. When looking a little more closely I think I may be better off warranty wise buying from the US. Bushnell Australia only offer a 2 year warranty an these binoculars. Bushnell US offer lifetime limited warranty which from what I gather covers second hand items also. The bushnell bullet proof guarantee covers most of the mid to high range items however not if shipped overseas. The bullet proof guarantee allows the customer to use the product for up to a year and if not happy for what ever reason money back no questions asked.
Aussies are getting screwed I feel.
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

britto wrote: Aussies are getting screwed I feel.

You're not Robinson Crusoe :wink: