Kinda, sorta

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
Branxhunter
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .20-222

Re: Kinda, sorta

Post by Branxhunter »

GriMo wrote:Just get an old cast one and jam it between the block and manifold, flip it around after 5 minutes or so. Smell of cheese sizzling on the manifold might even bring the foxes in...
Just put together the toasties at home, wrap in foil, and throw on the block/ manifold 15min before you want to eat it.

Back 20 years ago when I was laser grading irrigation paddocks up near Dirranbandi in Queensland we used to sit small cans of baked beans etc in the gap between the block and manifold of the Case Steiger 9180 (articulated tractor). The used to jiggle around and rub all the paper label off but never lost one. Some hot food at 2.30am was always something to look forward to.

Marcus
Harb
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: 204

Post by Harb »

Branxhunter wrote:
GriMo wrote:Just get an old cast one and jam it between the block and manifold, flip it around after 5 minutes or so. Smell of cheese sizzling on the manifold might even bring the foxes in...
Just put together the toasties at home, wrap in foil, and throw on the block/ manifold 15min before you want to eat it.

Back 20 years ago when I was laser grading irrigation paddocks up near Dirranbandi in Queensland we used to sit small cans of baked beans etc in the gap between the block and manifold of the Case Steiger 9180 (articulated tractor). The used to jiggle around and rub all the paper label off but never lost one. Some hot food at 2.30am was always something to look forward to.

Marcus

We had a Tractor Called a BIG BUD it was touring around as a demo in Oz, none of you probably remember them....80's vintage.
I strapped a can of baked beans to one of the mufflers and it blew up and cracked the windscreen.....I got my arse kicked...lol
GriMo
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 17 rem

Post by GriMo »

Harb wrote:
Branxhunter wrote:

Marcus

We had a Tractor Called a BIG BUD it was touring around as a demo in Oz, none of you probably remember them....80's vintage.
I strapped a can of baked beans to one of the mufflers and it blew up and cracked the windscreen.....I got my arse kicked...lol
F#ck me sideways, you don't do things by halves do you harb. Image
Harb
.22 WMR

Post by Harb »

GriMo wrote:
Harb wrote:
Branxhunter wrote:

Marcus

F#ck me sideways, you don't do things by halves do you harb.
Wasn't ours mate, it was a loaner....the company had it touring trying to make some ground on Stiga, but they never really did, and slowly disappeared off the radar

They were a big bugger though....the one we had, had triples on each corner.......and one cracked window lol
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

Mark as has been said do the toasties before you go go out, wrap in foil, bring your $20 gas cooker and a small pan and heat em and eat em
BP72
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 22-250

Post by BP72 »

Harb wrote:
Branxhunter wrote:

Marcus
Were they a big blue bugger from South Africa ?

stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Post by stinkitup »

Another option if your handy with some wiring

24v easier , its easier on the wallet $40
http://www.ozprodrivers.com.au/shop/ind ... 3e286a6d14
Harb
.22 WMR

Post by Harb »

stinkitup wrote:Another option if your handy with some wiring

24v easier , its easier on the wallet $40
http://www.ozprodrivers.com.au/shop/ind ... 3e286a6d14

Hey that looks pretty cool.....my new shooting truck is 24v.....might have to look at one of those

I'm with Camel.....a nice hot toasted sandwich and hot coffee would be awesome out shooting on cool nights
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Thanks Ryan, wonder if I can wire the Navara up with one 24v outlet, more digging to go
Harb
.22 WMR

Post by Harb »

JasonF
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 7mm-08

Post by JasonF »

You are an ideas man GriMo!
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

Harb wrote:
Branxhunter wrote:

Marcus

This sort of beastie?
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Now that is impressive. :shock:
GJS
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 30-06/.204

Post by GJS »