Parcels for me too :)

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
mick_762
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308 Norma

Parcels for me too :)

Post by mick_762 »

Well as the US Postal service has closed the AFPO that we were using, I was a bit worried that this wouldn't turn up in time, before it was "return to sender - undeliverable"

It is the V1 MagnetoSpeed, bought for US$275 plus free shipping. I would have bought the V2 if I thought there was significant advantages, but to me there was not.
As it came from the factory:
Resized 1.JPG
All the items laid out, including a business card for size reference:
Resized 2.JPG
With the V2 - you get a hard plastic case, (V1 - just the box it came in) for the extra US$100.00
An alignment stick - ok so cleaning rod will do the same thing
A rubber heat shield for suppressors - Hmmm nope, don't need that
Works on barrels/suppressors up to 2.0" in diameter - V1 still works on 1" barrels / Flash Suppressors and Brakes to 2"
Works with brakes and flash suppressors up to 3" - Nothing on my rifles is that big, actually none of them have brakes.

From the MagnetoSpeed website:
All shooting chronographs currently marketed to the general public use optical sensors. The MagnetoSpeed uses electromagnetic sensors (patent pending) to detect the presence of the bullet. These sensors are immune to muzzle blast, which allows the sensors to be located near the muzzle. As an added benefit, these sensors are immune to common light problems such as fluorescent lights, low sun, bright sun, etc.

Our unique method determines velocity by sensing the difference in time between a slight disturbance in two magnetic fields as the bullet passes by. This is somewhat similar to the way that an electric guitar senses the vibration of its strings to produce amplified tones.

I hope to be able to use it on one of our range days, to see how the published data goes against the MagnetoSpeed.
I think it will be a great item for anyone that shoots at an "organised" range, unlike myself who can get to use a range nearly any time I want access.
It is definitely safer than moving forward of the firing line / mound, and hoping everybody obeys the cease fire.

More to come as I test this sucker out.

Mick
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Re: Parcels for me too :)

Post by stinkitup »

Oh mann now thats a package I have been wanting :D

I too think will wrangling for the V1.
chris.tyne
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6BR

Post by chris.tyne »

Hey Mick I have this strange feeling,not sure what it is.........................
...........................AhhhhHaaaa I worked it out,its Chronograph envy!!!!! :)
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Hey Mick, is this the one that you are going to lend to all AV'ers, we pay postage and you pay maintenance. Good idea that one I reckon. :twisted: :twisted:

Have been thinking of getting one myself, but will wait till Ive disposed of a couple of rifles and built their replacements. :D
kickinback
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Rem

Post by kickinback »

Forgive my ignorance but, AFPO?
Sako Sam
Favourite Cartridge: 20 Tactical

Post by Sako Sam »

kickinback wrote:Forgive my ignorance but, AFPO?
I'd be thinking Armed Forces Post Office?
DSD
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by DSD »

Australian forces post office

BB will be here soon though to claim it as air force post office as they fly in the mail
mick_762
50 BMG

Post by mick_762 »

Air Force Pissing Office

Nah actually it is Armed Forces Post Office - its the US postal Service for the American Forces.

Camel
As for it being a AV - Bike . . . . . hmm let me use it a few times, then we will see. It may happen.

Chris - Ryan,
Just close your eyes and hit buy, it only hurts for a little while. I hope . . . .

Mick
Flip
.243 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20 VT

Post by Flip »

You won't be disappointed with it mate, we checked three different rifles the other week end in less that ten minutes.

They work a treat.

Enjoy.

Flip
mick_762
50 BMG

Post by mick_762 »

Flip,
Yeah all the write-ups that I have read have given it a good rap, especially when tested beside Oehler and some others I cant think of at the moment.

It will be interesting to see how it goes, apparently group size isn't affected but moves POI up to 1 MOA depending on the user/tester etc.
Makes sense with barrel harmonics, but would have thought group size would be affected as well.

Mick