DIY E-Caller

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
dave
7mm08 Rem

Re: DIY E-Caller

Post by dave »

steltzer wrote:yeh, there is heaps of enough go, in fact I only use it on 1/4 volume it is just too loud. I have to work out the wireless part of it again, and even the portability sux! I am thinking of a total redesign
Nice one love the job, thinking of doing one myself perhaps as a hard wired unit to cart around and take spotlighting. Tried running stuff through the cab of the ute and its bloody annoying cause its bloody loud inside it and you have a ridiculous amount of stupid LED lights on from the cd player...
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

Top job on the E-caller mate I have been playing with I hunt calls on my Gayphone some of the fox barks seem to work but the Grizzly calls madem turn and run :lol: :lol:

Nice wedding pics as well.
Ol 55
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by Ol 55 »

If you heard a Grizzly you would turn and run too,Ha you can't even put up with the Gnome's snoring :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ol 55
steltzer
Favourite Cartridge: 30.06

Post by steltzer »

hahah wedding pics LOL didn't even realise that
we had a 2 foxes come running, and I mean running up to us the other night, right at the beginning of winter, so it really works.
My next project I hope, when I can get some funds organised will be a home built CNC milling machine, so I machine some lightweight aluminium components for it (new housing for speakers and precise amp board location, smaller battery and smaller battery housing etc), and actually make the pieces i want, so I can miniaturise it.
It will be so much lighter, and I will change the ON LED to red so foxes cant see it properly. Might change the architrave switches as well, so something more conducive to night use, and for aesthetics.
Anyone want spot me $7000 to build an excellent CNC mill? :lol:
Was even thinking of using the mill to create wood gun stocks as well, maybe sell em at a bit of volume, i dunno, just playing with ideas.
hobbygodz
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: 12g

Post by hobbygodz »

Howdy Steltzer, I reckon a smaller version of your E-caller would be marketable. Bugger sending my money overseas if someone can build it here.
steltzer
Favourite Cartridge: 30.06

Post by steltzer »

yeh for sure hobbygodz. I would love to make something like this and actually have it out there in the field being use by other hunters. and seeing as aussie manufacturing is going down the drain, it could be kinda fun to make something small and make it well, that can beat the cheap competition in quality and service. you might have me on to something there. I think I need to visit this more seriously. watch this space!
hobbygodz
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: 12g

Post by hobbygodz »

Yeah, I will watch this space Steltzer. The availability of product service & repair would be the deal clincher for me.
Cheers & beers mate, Brad.
AR-Patriot
Favourite Cartridge: .308 Winchester

Post by AR-Patriot »

Howdy from Texas Y'All,
Just joined at the request of Hilly(he wanted me to see the DIY e-caller)
Outstanding job. I think you will have a blast with it(pun intended).there are several sights on the web,such as Pedatortalk,that have links to free MP3 sounds. Will get a list together and post for you.
I think the fella who ordered the Foxpro will be VERY happy with it,although I understand the taxes are murder on imports. I would have thought Australia and the U.S. would have better trade agreements,but then our politicos never do ANYTHING that makes sense to me!
Look forward to learning how it's done Down Under.
I take it feral cats are a real problem there? Ours is becoming Feral Hogs.
Patriot
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

g"day AR Patriot, welcome along to the forum, tell us a bit about yourself and what you get up to in Texas, we have a Texas here but its only the name of a town not a whole state.
Feral cats are a real problem and we all try to stick a hold in them whenever we can, not only because they cause so much damage, its also fun as some of them seem to have a bit of attitude, we have found that the best way to do a bit of attitude adjustment is to poke high speed holes in them. :lol: Feral pigs are a real problem for us over here as well, mainly in NSW QLD and NT, but there are some scattered in the other states as well. Hope you enjoy your time on here, and let us know what you get up to. We like photos of dead ferals. :lol: :rifle: