Ordering a stock from the USA

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
Gnome
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 375 Cheytac

Post by Gnome »

What is the process for ordering and having a stock shipped from the USA to here. My daughter has found a company over in the USA that does custom stock paint work that changes in effect as the stock gets hotter. She is the one to be ordering and filling out the paperwork and such and I'm after what ever info you guys can impart with as far as customs, permits requirements go.

Here is the link to what she is looking into for her future Rem 700 .223 http://www.sjsolutionsllc.com/ They have said they can supply the stock an do what ever finishes she wants all she has to do is pay for it to be shipped.
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Re: Ordering a stock from the USA

Post by stinkitup »

Mate I just paid the money and they turned up lol
Sako Sam
Favourite Cartridge: 20 Tactical

Post by Sako Sam »

You shouldn't need any permits or anything to get it in. The old boy and I have imported about 4 Boyds and a Richards Microfit between us and I think my 1st one was opened by customs as it came through and that is all. I think if it was a tactical camo print there might be a problem at the USA end but that would be all I could envisage.
There are some cool patterns on there Gnome, you've got me thinking now...
chris.tyne
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6BR

Post by chris.tyne »

There are similar if not the same types of paints available here in Aust,change colour with heat etc,might even be a bit cheaper,are they going to bed the stock,does it have to be inletted?.......................if it does may be eazier if its painted after the works done.
Just a few things to ponder thats all.
Rabbitz
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 222

Post by Rabbitz »

A HyperColour stock?

How 1980's :)

(Go on look it up)
17hmr
.243 Winchester

Post by 17hmr »

pay and you shall recieve
Curtley78
Political Advisor/Activist
Favourite Cartridge: 7mm08 AI

Post by Curtley78 »

It depends on whom you are ordering from and whether the stock has any metal parts.

I've spoken with Kelby's on a couple of occasions over the last 18 months in regard to importing one of their stocks.

Now my understanding of Fortress America and having not only dealt with Kelby but also having previously imported stocks from McMillan and a few other items is that anything with metal parts requires an export permit which than of course may find you also in need of a B709.

I'd double check with the vendor and the Firearms registry as to whether you will have any issues. You won't have any problem getting a Boyd or a McMillan.

I can't speak for any of the other manufacturers.