cheap 2-7 rifle scope

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
louie the fly
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 25-06

cheap 2-7 rifle scope

Post by louie the fly »

Hey guys,

Hope you have all had a good start to the new year. I'm looking for a cheap little 2-7 x33 (or something around that size) for a hunting scope. I was thinking a redfield revolution or leupold VX-1 and a budget around $200-$230. Can anyone recommend a good brand or does anyone have any experience with the above mentioned scopes?

Is anyone selling a scope of this magnification??

Cheers.
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Re: cheap 2-7 rifle scope

Post by The Raven »

I have a Redfield Revolution 4-12x40 and like the optics, but I've been really impressed with the Nikon Prostaff EFR on my 22 (3-9x40).

I'm sure others have their preferences but I don't think you'll go wrong with the Revolution, VX-1, or the Nikon.

If it's for a 22LR then the Nikon would get my nod. It's definitely within your price range. I particularly like the turret zeroing, which I guess isn't a big deal once you have zero'd the rifle...

Take a look through a few scopes before making your decision.
RayG
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 375H&H

Post by RayG »

Louie. Have a look at these Barska scopes,,,, both can be had here for around $200 or so. I have the 2-7X32 Ridgeline on my Savage '99 250/3000, the gun shoots MOA @ 100 metres with
it. The scope holds zero well and it is clear and quite sharp enough to shoot to 300 Metres.
Ray.
Barska scopes.docx
(34.53 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
[*]

Sorry double tapped the attachment :oops:

Barska 2-7x32 scope test @ 100 Metres

[*]
COPY OF ORIGINAL TEST TARGET FOR SAVAGE 2503000  MODEL 99 LEVERACTION.jpg
COPY OF ORIGINAL TEST TARGET FOR SAVAGE 2503000 MODEL 99 LEVERACTION.jpg (102.02 KiB) Viewed 786 times
Attachments
Barska scopes.docx
(34.53 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Post by stinkitup »

You could also ask Louise I have two G&R 2-7's one on my air rifle and the other is going on my 6.5x55, nice and clear and in your budget. I though weaver do a similar one as well. I checked out a redfied think a 4-12 and was quite a nice scope.

Ryan
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by 220 »

Have a few 3-9x32 sightron SI's, a rimfire scope but have had one on a 45/70 for around 300 rounds without trouble, I'ld class them as good value for the price, around $200 with sightrons lifetime warranty.
vicfox
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 17 HMR

Post by vicfox »

ORDERED ONE OF THESE THE OTHER DAY.
http://www.australiatelescopes.com.au/v ... scope.html

Best price world wide BEST U.S. PRICE $179
This will be the second Vortex I will own and love the first one and expecting this to be very good as well.

REGARDED AS HAVING THE BEST WARRANTY AVAILABLE AND EVERY REVIEW YOU READ ON THEIR RANGE OF OPTICS IS IMPRESSIVE.
Last edited by vicfox on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cj7hawk
Favourite Cartridge: Air

Post by cj7hawk »

I bought one just before Christmas for $49... Loaned it to a friend to try with a night vision setup attached and he wants to keep both now.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Best-Qua ... 69754.html

It looked cheap and nasty when I tried it, but so far my friend says he was getting all the rounds in the same hole with a .22 so he's happy. Guess it's fine for rimfire at least.

They had about 10 different models in that size ( 2-7x32 ) on aliexpress - all around $50 more or less. Some were air-rifle rated for double recoil from magnum air rifles, so would have been pretty strong.

David.
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

vicfox wrote:ORDERED ONE OF THESE THE OTHER DAY.
http://www.australiatelescopes.com.au/v ... scope.html

Best price world wide BEST U.S. PRICE $179
This will be the second Vortex I will own and love the frist one and expecting this to be very good as well.

REGARDED AS HAVING THE BEST WARRANTY AVAILABLE AND EVERY REVIEW YOU READ ON THEIR RANGE OF OPTICS IS IMPRESSIVE.
great find. I have two Vortex scopes would be happy to buy more
vicfox
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 17 HMR

Post by vicfox »

CORRECTION

After not receiving my order after a week I followed up my order today or at least tried. It appears that the Advertised scope in the link I posted is in fact not a higher level VIPER scope but a base model CROSSFIRE mode scope.

PLEASE DISREGARD THE LINK I POSTED

I stand by the quality of VORTEX as a quality scope and recommend their rang and I will be buying/ordering another one once I sort out this matter with the advertiser who has had my money for a week so far.
Sadly it's an Australian supplier but not one who is replying to my email messages or voice mail.

I contacted ExtraVision Australia who are the Australian Distributors for Vortex and had the pleasure of discussing my concerns with Tim and feel comfortable that Australaintelscopes.com are legit although unlikely to supply a $400 scope for $129.
I'll most likely to see a refund rather than what has been advertised.

I apologise for directing people to that link and any inconvenience caused . I hope no-one placed an order like I did. If so just drop me a PM and between us should be able to sort it out.

Extravision Australia can handle any VORTEX product enquires and orders from the public I just wish I had of known that 10 days ago.
http://www.extravision.com.au/catalog/index.php
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Hey shit happens mate, dont sweat it too much. :wink:
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

220 wrote:Have a few 3-9x32 sightron SI's, a rimfire scope but have had one on a 45/70 for around 300 rounds without trouble, I'ld class them as good value for the price, around $200 with sightrons lifetime warranty.
I can vouch for these I reckon any rimfire scope that can handle full power 45/70 loads has to be a bit of alright.Clarity is right up there and unlike the 2 Vipers and 1 Crossfire I have owned they suffer very little if any sunflare.
louie the fly
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 25-06

Post by louie the fly »

Thanks for your replies everyone

Next time I'm at the local gun shop I will be sure to check out the above mentioned scopes.

Much appreciated.
fenring

Post by fenring »

I tested one of these for the then Aussie distributor and could not fault it.

http://theopticzone.com/products-page/r ... lex-matte/

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5210&hilit=vortex