barrel de-resonator

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
alex1
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 223

barrel de-resonator

Post by alex1 »

Not to sure if their legal in aus. Looks like a couple of big grommets that you slide over your barrel to increase accuracy :shock: . Has anybody used one?
adamjp
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 30/06

Re: barrel de-resonator

Post by adamjp »

They are legal and available from the Limbsaver importer (Tony - company name escapes me right now).

I've been thinking that a smallish suspension bushing would do pretty much the same thing.
wolfred
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by wolfred »

I just bought one of each standard size for sporter barrel and larger varmint size, but haven't had a chance to test em at the range.
I am hopeful, as metal tuners seem to work for benchrest guys. :)
Mick
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 105mm

Post by Mick »

I also have some wonderful snake oil you may be interested in......
native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by native hunter »

G"day,
I have been using a similiar type de resonator and its been going well.
They would not sell if they didnt work.
Sceptics usually have never tried them.
If it improves the accuracy of your gun and you feel confident,by all means use it.
Theres not enough people willing to give the trial and error theory a run these days they just go on what they have been told.
Regards
native
dangaff
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: .204

Post by dangaff »

I've got 2 coming in.. just need to put an order in first..
Will sell them on for $28ea
adamjp
.270 Winchester

Post by adamjp »

I agree Native. There are several very good reasons why they should work, particularly on thinner barrels. They will not turn a featherweight into a varmit rifle, but they may improve consistency through a string of shots. The lack of adjustability (like a BR tuner or the BOSS system) will stop them from being the best they could be.

I just don't like what they do for the appearance of the rifle though.

Mike - you have added nothing here.
Tanno
Favourite Cartridge: 22-250

Post by Tanno »

adamjp wrote:I agree Native. There are several very good reasons why they should work, particularly on thinner barrels. They will not turn a featherweight into a varmit rifle, but they may improve consistency through a string of shots. The lack of adjustability (like a BR tuner or the BOSS system) will stop them from being the best they could be.

I just don't like what they do for the appearance of the rifle though.

Mike - you have added nothing here.
adamjp i'll add that you have added nothing, i 've got one and i'll show you where you can use it but the damn thing has got a hole in it so it wont work there either and that would be the only use for it. Snake oil is more value for money.
adamjp
.270 Winchester

Post by adamjp »

Tanno wrote: adamjp i'll add that you have added nothing, i 've got one and i'll show you where you can use it but the damn thing has got a hole in it so it wont work there either and that would be the only use for it. Snake oil is more value for money.
Tanno, now you've added something.

Calling a product snake oil without ANY reasoning adds nothing to the discussion.
native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by native hunter »

Tanno,
If its no good then you wont mind selling it.???
Two things come to mind.
1-the rifle you tried it on isnt worthy of a barrel de resonator.
2- maybe the shooters ability lacks the know how in tuning a rifle.??
Regards
Native
a.JR
6mm Dasher
Favourite Cartridge: 30cal

Post by a.JR »

Where's the best place to get a gallon of Snake Oil nowadays , 1 gallon will do for now .. Need it to go with my 9x 90 APRIL target scope and the new 6.56x 46.95 L S cartridge ..JR..Jeff Rogers
Mick
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 105mm

Post by Mick »

adamjp wrote:Tanno, now you've added something.

Calling a product snake oil without ANY reasoning adds nothing to the discussion.
There's plenty of reasoning behind it, I just didn't feel the need to go into a great spiel about harmonics and the theory behind barrel tuners.
Maybe you should have asked what the reasoning behind it was before you got all precious.

I'll stand by my snake oil statement.
500Nitro
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

Yes, they do work and I have used one when I tested one on one of my iffy old guns.

As others have said, "They will not turn a featherweight into a varmit rifle".
They do change the harmonics of the barrel.

I import and distribute Limbsaver and if it doesn't work, you can send it back.
No one has yet sent one back to any dealer they have purchased it from.
Tanno
Favourite Cartridge: 22-250

Post by Tanno »

500Nitro wrote:Yes, they do work and I have used one when I tested one on one of my iffy old guns.

As others have said, "They will not turn a featherweight into a varmit rifle".
They do change the harmonics of the barrel.

I import and distribute Limbsaver and if it doesn't work, you can send it back.
No one has yet sent one back to any dealer they have purchased it from.
I’m sure everything you sell is of the highest quality and it all works otherwise you wouldn’t be on here pushing your own barrow. As far as returning a low cost item a lot of people would just put the thing in a cupboard to try on another rifle or pass it on for someone else to try, that’s how I got mine the stupid thing doesn’t work and it hasn’t worked on about 4 rifles so far, 4 rifles owned by 4 different people. So I’m not the type to believe Arthur Daley saying it works when I now it doesn’t.
500Nitro
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

Tanno wrote:
I’m sure everything you sell is of the highest quality and it all works otherwise you wouldn’t be on here pushing your own barrow. As far as returning a low cost item a lot of people would just put the thing in a cupboard to try on another rifle or pass it on for someone else to try, that’s how I got mine the stupid thing doesn’t work and it hasn’t worked on about 4 rifles so far, 4 rifles owned by 4 different people. So I’m not the type to believe Arthur Daley saying it works when I now it doesn’t.
Fine, believe what you like based on your experiences, not a problem. I talk to a hell of a lot more people around the world re products (Yes, I sell Limbsavers in the US) and I know they can work better on some guns than others but they do work.

But please, by all means criticize a product, I don't have a problem with that, but please don't call me Arthur Daley and all that is associated with his name. I don't sell crap.

By the way, any time you want me to come down to my local range with you (if you happen to be in Melbourne),
I am happy to do so.