buy cheap buy an extra one!!

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

buy cheap buy an extra one!!

Post by trevort »

well, pro tactical bipods were discussed a while ago. i couldnt resist the price.
On the first bush trip its on the 22. I havent even shot anything. Its on there to support the forend while I clean, one hand on the rod, one hand holding the stock grip. Not what you would call a "stress test"by any means.

And the result.........

Now the test of any service business is how they handle complaints.

I'm pleased to say QGE passed with flying colours. They asked for a photo to show what happened. When their response was " yes we've had a few of those" I was not filled with a desperate urge to have it replaced. In fact I expressed that opinion and was offered the full purchase price as a credit to a Harris swivel at a great price with postage at their expense.

of course I accepted and the cheap two piece version became this

If I can find a welder with a better attitude than the last "you cant weld that crap" one then i'll have two for the price of one
luke5381
Favourite Cartridge: 25/303,22-250,12ga

Re: buy cheap buy an extra one!!

Post by luke5381 »

if ya were closer id give it a crack for ya trev
adamjp
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 30/06

Post by adamjp »

I had this happen to the first one I got off QGE...they replaced it free of charge.

The broken one was put back together by me. One hole drilled and tapped with a little machine screw to keep it all aligned whilst I did the real repair....a big puddle of Devcon on both sides of the tubing.

It's been going good since then on the 22/250.

The replacement one is fine and has been going strong.
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Creedmoor

Post by Seddo »

Having owned a cheap bipod in the past i am reluctant to buy another cheaper one, i have since given them all away. Now they are all Harris, except the one that came with the charger.
Thomo
22-250 Remington

Post by Thomo »

Wouldnt waste my time with anything less than a Harris, i have 5 off them now smooth leg, notched leg, swivel notched leg and ultra high. they are the ducks nuts, On of them has been through more than any of use will ever put our rifles through and it still works as new.
HUNTERDELUX
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: .17rem and 204ruger

Post by HUNTERDELUX »

Ive owned a harris bipod for almost 13 years you just cant fault them. Thanks for the report on the cheaper knockoff.
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Knackers »

Thanks for testing it out for us Trevort, I have two Harris's one is over 20 years old and has plenty of battle scars but is still going strong, my newer one only goes to the range to keep it pretty. :wink: