Where Are Nightforce scopes made??

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
Ryan

Where Are Nightforce scopes made??

Post by Ryan »

I was browsing the Nightforce website and noticed that of all their scopes only the two compact scopes have a 'Made in USA' label in the specs. I have a 5.5-22x50 NXS and on the bottom it says made in japan. It does not say where the other models were made.
Ackley Improved
6mm Dasher

Re: Where Are Nightforce scopes made??

Post by Ackley Improved »

The components are put together in the USA... saying not all the Components are made in the USA!!

and did you know the owner of Nightforce is Australian?

Cheers
tikka
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: spud gun!!!

Post by tikka »

Ackley Improved wrote:The components are put together in the USA... saying not all the Components are made in the USA!!

Cheers
Light Force????
Marco
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 7.62x39

Post by Marco »

tikka wrote:
Ackley Improved wrote:The components are put together in the USA... saying not all the Components are made in the USA!!

Cheers
Light Force????
which also owns nightforce
adamjp
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 30/06

Post by adamjp »

Ackley Improved wrote:and did you know the owner of Nightforce is Australian?
Don't quote me on this, but I think that Nightforce USA is a different corporate identity to Nightforce Australia.

They sell the same product, etc. but unfortunately the USA operation is not owned by the Australian operation - even though it started in Australia.

Willing to be corrected.
Whitty
Favourite Cartridge: .222

Post by Whitty »

This is a post made by andrewn on AHN. Andrew is a Nightforce employee. Should answer every ones questions.

"Just to clear up the confusiopn about the ownership of Nightforce, it is 100% owned by an Australian. He lives about 45 mins drive from our office in Hindmarsh and owns Lightforce as well as Nightforce. The facility in the USA is where a large amount of the manufacturing is done and all QC occurs. All of our compact scopes(1-4x24mm and 2.5-10x24 and 32mm) is done in the USA and the FFP scopes as well. The other models are prdominatly manufactured in Japan, but all final assembly and QC in the USA.
I hope that is clear enough"
cam_mackps2
.222 Remington

Post by cam_mackps2 »

Lightforce and Nightforce are both Australian Owned.
Lightforce and Nightforce both have their own distributorship in America. Hence Lightforce USA and Nightforce USA.
Lightforce and Nightforce in Australia are the Distributors for the rest of the world.
IIRC

So adamjp is right. Different enities but same product. Much like the Beretta structure.
1kshot
.204 Ruger

Post by 1kshot »

Don’t be scared by the made in Japan label the Japanese make mighty fine optics - Deon, Nikon etc not to mention cameras etc, just don't seem to have the same commercial push as the USA/Europe companies in the shooting game :wink:
All the best
John
HiWall
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: .25/06

Post by HiWall »

In these modern times I really don't think it matters exactly where stuff is made, providing it is produced to the required standards of the final manufacturer - a good example is Nikon, a Japanese manufacturer of top quality optics and cameras. I have several Nikon scopes - all made in the Philippines, and a top level Nikon digital camera and lenses - made in Thailand. All built to Nikon specs and carry the lifetime Nikon warrantee.

Also have a Triumph Thruxton motorcycle - assembled in Thailand from pieces sourced from around the world, including the UK for the major components. It has been totally reliable, performs up to expectations and is a delight to ride.

Too me, reputation of the manufacturer is the most important thing - a good rep is easily lost and bad is hard to overcome - so the manufacturers of quality equipment insist their suppliers meet standards that protect their reputation - and Nightforce are right up with the very best.