How much is enough.?????????

native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

How much is enough.?????????

Post by native hunter »

I was just wondering if there are other bloke here that just cant sleep thinking about there next AR.
I lie in bed of a night( after reading Air gunner) and wondering if I need another air gun and then sleeping on it and convincing myself that I just need one more.
Them blokes over seas get to trial more shit than we do, Its not fair.!!!!
I woke up this morning and thought I was hearing "Daystate Air Wolf" but then I realized she was saying "get up you will be late".!!!
I will just have to settle on a BSA hornet to play with.!!!(maybe)
Plus my tuned .20cal R1 and Theoben MFR .22.
Im not content yet.!!!!
Shit lifes hard.
Regards.
chris thomas
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: na

Post by chris thomas »

Don't fight it you can't win !!. I used to be like that nothing but air rifle's enjoy the ride it's plenty of fun. I had to tone it down al i thought about was air rifles it was crazy. 50 + Air rifle's have come and gone though Lewis over 5 odd years and loved everybit of it and got to try the worlds best untill i settled on a great collection .

R7,
R1 .20 commemorative,
SLR,
HW 100
FX Excalibre
FX Cyclone
Theoben MFR .20
Theoben Rapid .25
FWB P70 J .

Regards

Chris
native hunter
.270 Winchester

Post by native hunter »

Chris
That collection just sickens me.!!!
I want more.
Regards
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

My ears are burning.......
Chris L
.22 WMR

Post by Chris L »

Never open an email from Lewis that says "I have a very nice......."

8) 8) 8)
chris thomas
.17 HMR

Post by chris thomas »

Yes it's nice collection i'm happy with it. Maybe one day i'll add back in a RX Comm and a Rapid Mk11 .22

Chris Thomas
Predator

Post by Predator »

chris thomas wrote:Don't fight it you can't win !!. I used to be like that nothing but air rifle's enjoy the ride it's plenty of fun. I had to tone it down al i thought about was air rifles it was crazy. 50 + Air rifle's have come and gone though Lewis over 5 odd years and loved everybit of it and got to try the worlds best untill i settled on a great collection .

R7,
R1 .20 commemorative,
SLR,
HW 100
FX Excalibre
FX Cyclone
Theoben MFR .20
Theoben Rapid .25
FWB P70 J .

Regards

Chris
Hi mate,

Which PCP do you prefer, the Theobens or the HW100???

Just asking because I wouldn't mind the new Theoben, BUT I held an HW100 today and it felt PERFECT! The (thumbhole) stock is such a good design and I don't know what all the pussies whine about when saying its too heavy. It felt great...
native hunter
.270 Winchester

Post by native hunter »

Predator
They are both fine pieces of hardware and I think its just a personal preference, Me I am biased as I own a Theoben and not a HW100.
I dont think you can have to many so if you like both ,buy both.!!!
Regards
PS the MFR shoots real sweet.!!!!!!!!!!!!
RayG
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 375H&H

Post by RayG »

My doctor could not work out what the Red spotty rash was on my Butt this week. I knew and informed him that the AG bug has been at me again and is likely to stay a while.
You should have seen his face when I told him I WAS SERIOUS!.
Its all good! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
chris thomas
.17 HMR

Post by chris thomas »

Hi Greg.

HW100 or Theoben. I don't like the look of the new Theoben so the 100 would win that one. But say a Theoben Rapid , MFR or HW100 hard choice.

Most Theoben get a larger shot count due to the larger bottle,the bolt action is ruggered and strong. Theoben seem to give the least trouble with leaks and break downs, MK4 Triggers are nice and adjust well.Accuracy wise they are very good.

The 100 is built like a tank and do get heavy carting them around.

The trigger is Excellent,Magazines strong and fool proof. My 100 is .177 and shoots around 22 FP with Amazing accuracy. .177 is the choice IMO with the HW100. I Traded mine in when the Quick fill model came out.

My non Quick fill was good for 56 shots low of 973 FPS and a high of 989 FPS. My new one is good for around 45 shots before velocity drops like a brick . People say .177 is no good for hunting well the truck load of rabbits i have shot with it dont think so.

Both are Excellent rifle's for sure.

My Favorite rifle is still my FX Cyclone. It's so accurate it's boring, three way adjustable power i have it set at 11,17 and 25 FP But can have 14,20 and 31 FP . At 25 Fp in .22 it will run 40 shots before any drop in elevation is noticed. The thing scoped only weighs around 5.5 pounds great rifle.

Thens there's my Rapid .25 Beast at 55 FP and my MFR .20 CS800 .....................................

Regards

Chris
crowbuster

Post by crowbuster »

My Favorite rifle is still my FX Cyclone. It's so accurate it's boring, three way adjustable power i have it set at 11,17 and 25 FP But can have 14,20 and 31 FP . At 25 Fp in .22 it will run 40 shots before any drop in elevation is noticed. The thing scoped only weighs around 5.5 pounds great rifle.
G'day Chris,

I have an FX cyclone too & love it for the same reasons you mention -high power that's variable, light weight, and very accurate.
Is yours the walnut or synthetic stock? How did you adjust the power output, & since it's variable, why did you bother?
How long have you had it, & have you had any reliability problems with it at all? Do you use the FX hand pump?

CB
chris thomas
.17 HMR

Post by chris thomas »

The Guage on the early one's had some problems with leaking but Lewis replaced it and it's fine.

Mine broke a hammer spring once and when i replaced it i set a little to much tension on it and FP was around 31 i backed it of to 25 and have been happy ever since. Mine's the plastic fantastic